PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 06:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ryeguy8585 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

My Evo won't charge on any of my 3rd Party chargers, or via USB since going from OMJ 1.7 to OMJ 2.1 Froyo Stock kernel. Only the stock charger will charge my phone. Any Ideas?
Old 08-18-2010, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

Hollow is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Strange for that to just suddenly show. Did you try updating your Profile? Could be a temporary network issue. If it doesnt clear up with a Profile update I'd call Sprint and let them attack it from their end.
Thanks i just wiped and re wiped and re wiped my EVO's A** a few times and then reinstalled OMJ's current ROM and so far so good. i tryed this earlyer but i had no luck. we lets hope it holds and if it comes up again ill try the profile update. thanks again
Old 08-18-2010, 07:19 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryeguy8585 View Post
My Evo won't charge on any of my 3rd Party chargers, or via USB since going from OMJ 1.7 to OMJ 2.1 Froyo Stock kernel. Only the stock charger will charge my phone. Any Ideas?
Same issue here. Mine only charges when the phone is powered u off now (with certain cables that used to work). I have a few other cables that still work and the cables that came with the phones still work too.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 08-18-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Hey Kernel Krazies-

kingklick's #6 gave me the same performance as netarchy's but with better battery life. He's now up to #7.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=754128

BUT....
netarchy has been hard at work-big surprise-and is how featuring HAVS (battery saver-read about it in kingklicks thread) and has released 4.1.2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

netarchy vs kingklick---FIGHT!!!
LOL
I've been trying to figure out what the difference between kingklick's BFS and CFS #7 Kernel. His BFS seems to be his latest creation but I can't figure out what the difference is. I did notice that BFS is based on Fresh ROM.. Would that be the difference? I want to make sure I flash the right one.

Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you wipe prior to flash? Just curious cuz even if you did, that would be your first step to fix (re)wipe Data (factory reset) and Dalvik twice-just in case. Reflash.
If it still wont go I'd try a fresh download and redo what I just said.

i tried this it didnt help. it keeps doing it. i dont know what to do
Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I've been trying to figure out what the difference between kingklick's BFS and CFS #7 Kernel. His BFS seems to be his latest creation but I can't figure out what the difference is. I did notice that BFS is based on Fresh ROM.. Would that be the difference? I want to make sure I flash the right one.

Thanks
Either one should work on any 2.2 ROM. Havent tried either one yet.
BFS stand for Brain F*** Scheduler. It has to do with app opending and switching (as per King)
NSFW wikipeida link about BFS Do Not Open in front of your kiddies-naughty word alert
Think of it as more performance based. It may have great battery life but it MAY be a bit less than #7. Just a guess from reading the thread.
I plan on flashing both and comparing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i tried this it didnt help. it keeps doing it. i dont know what to do
Did you try a fresh download? Something could be corrupted-either a file on your SD or the ROM file download was bad.
If you restore the old ROM does it run? If so then it could mean the download of v3.0 was corrupted. I'd think corrupted files on your card would effect either ROM version.
If you havent re-download the ROM and flash that. If it wont go then try to reformat your SD:
Back up your SD card then reformat it (fats32)
Rewipe and reflash the ROM.
Old 08-18-2010, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

Quote:
Did you try a fresh download? Something could be corrupted-either a file on your SD or the ROM file download was bad.
If you restore the old ROM does it run? If so then it could mean the download of v3.0 was corrupted. I'd think corrupted files on your card would effect either ROM version.
If you havent re-download the ROM and flash that. If it wont go then try to reformat your SD:
Back up your SD card then reformat it (fats32)
Rewipe and reflash the ROM.
thanks iknowsquat

yea i did notice when i removed the sd card the phone would boot up and last longer before crashing and restarting. well i am going to give it another try this time reformating the sd card? which version of the rom should i try? Odexed or Deodexed? what ever will help keep my phone more stable
Old 08-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

ryeguy8585 is a n00b

Quote:

Nobody?
Old 08-18-2010, 09:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Nobody?
You missed my reply to your post (and my posts on it before yours too).
Old 08-18-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
after finally getting 1.4 pri, i can honestly say it was NOT worth it for me. I'm noticing zero difference. And you would not believe all the BS i did to get it. And i still ended up getting it by blind luck. Not even by the method i was told would get it. It's crazy.

Out of curiosity. How did you get the updated PRI?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development