PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
i dont try #3 tried 7 and its really good, now im testing #4 and it fell really smooth and look like will be providing better battery
I'm running kingklicks CFS#7 too and very happy; everything is smooth and the battery seems pretty good.

I didn't go with the BFS due to reports of problems but it seems like there is a lot of positive feedback on #4 so I may have to give it a try.
Old 08-21-2010, 09:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
I'm running kingklicks CFS#7 too and very happy; everything is smooth and the battery seems pretty good.

I didn't go with the BFS due to reports of problems but it seems like there is a lot of positive feedback on #4 so I may have to give it a try.
You should move to #4 its so good better than #7 promisse you

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 08-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Im lost like always lol...what is amo ra??

N in the to reply he talks bout root 1??

I dnt get it sorry !
amon RA recovery is the custom recovery all the cool people use
We have two options for custom recoveries-amon and Clockwork.
Clockwork comes with ROM Manager but after you flash it you can scroll down to the bottom of your Menu and select Flash Alternate Recovery and from there flash amon RA.
They are essentially the same but if you are having trouble with Clockwork then try amon.

Quote:

Careful what you promise Bro
Not all devices respond the same to custom kernels.
For example netarchy's kernel will allow 1.2 OC but not all devices can handle that--mine for example. I can take her to 1.19 but as soon as I go for 1.2 she locks up tighter than a virgin on Prom Night
Thanks for your input, definitely good to hear that kernel works so well. We need to try them all out for ourselves (ESPECIALLY for battery life) and see how our individual devices respond.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:11 AM
DavidMMorley

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:

I did both and think I like #7 better, why do you like #4 more?
Old 08-22-2010, 02:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMMorley View Post
I did both and think I like #7 better, why do you like #4 more?
Battery life

Old 08-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post

I'm gonna give #4 a try also... Maybe OMJ might put out his next ROM with kingKlick's kernels next time... Or maybe a 3rd choice ...

I'm gonna get that BFS #4 and give it a try... CFS #7 has been running pretty good..
Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
amon RA recovery is the custom recovery all the cool people use
We have two options for custom recoveries-amon and Clockwork.
Clockwork comes with ROM Manager but after you flash it you can scroll down to the bottom of your Menu and select Flash Alternate Recovery and from there flash amon RA.
They are essentially the same but if you are having trouble with Clockwork then try amon.

Have you heard from xfreak44??? Seems like he had to go change out his EVO.. Poor Guy... Which brings me to my point, can't you adb shell and push a flash recovery to the phone? Isn't that the way we all got root? I forgot to give xfreak44 that idea.

Careful what you promise Bro
Not all devices respond the same to custom kernels.
For example netarchy's kernel will allow 1.2 OC but not all devices can handle that--mine for example. I can take her to 1.19 but as soon as I go for 1.2 she locks up tighter than a virgin on Prom Night
Thanks for your input, definitely good to hear that kernel works so well. We need to try them all out for ourselves (ESPECIALLY for battery life) and see how our individual devices respond.
I crashed using netarchy's also.. LOCKED up... First time that's happened. What worries me about the kernels is that they are updating on a daily basis, so I decided to stick with CFS#7 which kingklick hadn't updated in over a week.
I've been staying away from netarchy cuz he's been updating daily almost.. Usually that means (IMO) bugs, or "naked rabid bunnies" running ramped as netarchy would say...
Old 08-22-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor

I made the move to kingklick's BFS #4 and so far so good. I'll need to give a few days before I can comment on battery but initially it seems as smooth as CFS #7 that I was using before and very happy with.

Honestly, there is nothing better than nand backup; it makes all this taste-testing so easy and fairly carefree!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I crashed using netarchy's also.. LOCKED up... First time that's happened. What worries me about the kernels is that they are updating on a daily basis, so I decided to stick with CFS#7 which kingklick hadn't updated in over a week.
I've been staying away from netarchy cuz he's been updating daily almost.. Usually that means (IMO) bugs, or "naked rabid bunnies" running ramped as netarchy would say...
I havent heard from xfreak. Yes, you can flash recovery that way which is why I suggested it
He successfully flashed amon via ROM Manager and then did the manual flash anyway. Didnt help.

Not saying its the only way but the most common lock ups with a custom kernel are going to come from trying to OC too high like I did. Netarchy's .8 bfs is running great, trying it today without Set CPU and see what it does.
Like I said before any kernel mod will respond differently across ROMs and across devices. Think of a kernel release not as a ROM release (ie final version) but as a beta. They NEED us to flash the kernels to make sure they are working correctly across the different variables.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:42 PM
N00b

Scryptik is just getting started
Anyone figured out how to change their bootscreen?

Sent from my "tricked out EVO" using tapatalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development