View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 11:38 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I crashed using netarchy's also.. LOCKED up... First time that's happened. What worries me about the kernels is that they are updating on a daily basis, so I decided to stick with CFS#7 which kingklick hadn't updated in over a week.
I've been staying away from netarchy cuz he's been updating daily almost.. Usually that means (IMO) bugs, or "naked rabid bunnies" running ramped as netarchy would say...
I havent heard from xfreak. Yes, you can flash recovery that way which is why I suggested it
He successfully flashed amon via ROM Manager and then did the manual flash anyway. Didnt help.

Not saying its the only way but the most common lock ups with a custom kernel are going to come from trying to OC too high like I did. Netarchy's .8 bfs is running great, trying it today without Set CPU and see what it does.
Like I said before any kernel mod will respond differently across ROMs and across devices. Think of a kernel release not as a ROM release (ie final version) but as a beta. They NEED us to flash the kernels to make sure they are working correctly across the different variables.