PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 03:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I should have mentioned in my post that I still have the old 1.34 pri. I've been trying to get the 1.4 pri (and the faster speeds that come with it) but haven't been able to get it yet.
after finally getting 1.4 pri, i can honestly say it was NOT worth it for me. I'm noticing zero difference. And you would not believe all the BS i did to get it. And i still ended up getting it by blind luck. Not even by the method i was told would get it. It's crazy.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started

Tried as well no difference.....
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution
Carrier: Sprint

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Question like how long take that your battery start to work properly after you flash new kernel cuz i flashed neetarchy .1 and .2 also Kings but all of them drain my battery really quick

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 04:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC evo

xfreak44 is a n00b

i am having some problems here my phone boots up, right as i enter my home screen it crash's and restarts. also dose it by its self without me doing anything just loads and crash's i was on android 2.2 v2.1 and i updated to v3.0 odexed i am not sure what to do. i cant use my phone.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
Question like how long take that your battery start to work properly after you flash new kernel cuz i flashed neetarchy .1 and .2 also Kings but all of them drain my battery really quick

I'd have to say that it should start working immediately. Its not like a kernel update takes time or some break-in period. You just update and you have a new kernel (with all of its optimizations and tweaks). Batteries, may have some break-in period themselves, but thats debatable.

Updated to the latest netarchy (4.1.2) with a slightly customized OMJ 3.0 ROM, and i'm going on 12 hours with 70% remaining. Going to continue to let it run out and see how much time I get.

I do have SetCPU installed, but its set to default settings, except that I added a profile to throttle the CPU down when the screen is off.

So far, this is the best battery life I have experienced so far with this phone, its amazing.

Last edited by prjkthack; 08-18-2010 at 04:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
I'd have to say that it should start working immediately. Its not like a kernel update takes time or some break-in period. You just update and you have a new kernel (with all of its optimizations and tweaks). Batteries, may have some break-in period themselves, but thats debatable.

Updated to the latest netarchy with a slightly customized OMJ 3.0 ROM, and i'm going on 12 hours with 70% remaining. Going to continue to let it run out and see how much time I get.

I do have SetCPU installed, but its set to default settings, except that I added a profile to throttle the CPU down when the screen is off.

So far, this is the best battery life I have experienced so far with this phone, its amazing.
Wiche kernel .1 .2 or .3 are you running

Old 08-18-2010, 05:00 PM
Lurker

prjkthack is a n00b

Quote:
Using 4.1.2
Old 08-18-2010, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
after finally getting 1.4 pri, i can honestly say it was NOT worth it for me. I'm noticing zero difference. And you would not believe all the BS i did to get it. And i still ended up getting it by blind luck. Not even by the method i was told would get it. It's crazy.
Just curious how did you get it...I've tried all the recommended ways (over and over) and no luck.

Jim
Old 08-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i am having some problems here my phone boots up, right as i enter my home screen it crash's and restarts. also dose it by its self without me doing anything just loads and crash's i was on android 2.2 v2.1 and i updated to v3.0 odexed i am not sure what to do. i cant use my phone.
Did you wipe prior to flash? Just curious cuz even if you did, that would be your first step to fix (re)wipe Data (factory reset) and Dalvik twice-just in case. Reflash.
If it still wont go I'd try a fresh download and redo what I just said.

Quote:

Running .2 as well,very nice. .3 got pulled soon after it was posted-too unstable. If you downloaded it I wouldnt bother with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Just curious how did you get it...I've tried all the recommended ways (over and over) and no luck.

Jim
You already identified the main issue--luck. The method does not matter, that has been proven by the fact that many different methods have worked.
After luck comes location-if you are trying from home drive around town and try from another area-yes, I'm serious. I've talked to more than one person who had luck after changing the location they were trying from. Could have something to do with what towers your are on when you try (kinda guessing on that one)
Goodluck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow View Post
Hey guys really could use your help. My phone was working fine lasting and now I'm getting a data call error. Here is the error info as well as my phones info.
Data call failure
Error code 67 .registration failure. Your PCS Vision username and/password may be incorrect. Please try again.
Now this error just pops up with out my input.
Phone info
OMJ 2.2 froyo
Pri 1.34_003
Prl 60669
Thanks for the help guys.
Strange for that to just suddenly show. Did you try updating your Profile? Could be a temporary network issue. If it doesnt clear up with a Profile update I'd call Sprint and let them attack it from their end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by osupike99 View Post
Is anyone having issues with WiFi tether? I flashed all the radios but my computers still don't see the SSID of the EVO.

Alex
Did this just start? Was it functioning and then stop? If it failed on the first run it could be a kernel/app version compatibility issue. What ROM/kernel are you on and what tether version are you using?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-18-2010 at 06:06 PM.
Old 08-18-2010, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
You already identified the main issue--luck. The method does not matter, that has been proven by the fact that many different methods have worked.
After luck comes location-if you are trying from home drive around town and try from another area-yes, I'm serious. I've talked to more than one person who had luck after changing the location they were trying from. Could have something to do with what towers your are on when you try (kinda guessing on that one)
Goodluck
Yeh, the luck thing is obviously not going my way. Probably should save the money I'm spending on lottery tickets....and Vegas is definitely out of the question. Have tried all the methods and even different locations...no joy !!!

Jim

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development