PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2010, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Welcome to Android I too came from WM, & doubt I'll ever go back!

I'm still using the stock kernel, working great for me. Once the source is released for the stock kernel, I'm sure the kernel guys will make it even better.....then I'll switch.
loving the ROM and the kickass ppcgeeks wallpaper to go with it. 4G works fine ( though i thought would maybe work better - my download speed in downtown Wash. DC will not go past 4 mbps) I did however had issues with titanium backup - getting error message "problem parsing the package" when trying to restore an app. also when trying to delete apps like "footprint" using titanium - it says uninstalled but when i check my App section it's still there, reboot and still there. good thing i only had like 12 apps installed before flashing that i don't mind reinstalling manually but for future flashes I would definably need a more reliable backup app - maybe it's just me who screwed something up along the way - I am still learning.

Over all this is an Awesome ROM right out the box - no need to try another.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 04:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Being home sick and bored leads to tweaking. Opened up Photoshop and started playing. Mod'd my notification pull-down. Started there...was gonna stop there...but once you start tweaking, it's hard to stop! Haha.

Glad I have a great ROM to play on; thanks OMJ! =D

::tweak-tweak::
Attached Images
File Type: jpg snap20100930_141317.jpg (9.2 KB, 34 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg snap20100930_141035.jpg (9.0 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (10.1 KB, 28 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by That0neUser; 09-30-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:31 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
loving the ROM and the kickass ppcgeeks wallpaper to go with it. 4G works fine ( though i thought would maybe work better - my download speed in downtown Wash. DC will not go past 4 mbps) I did however had issues with titanium backup - getting error message "problem parsing the package" when trying to restore an app. also when trying to delete apps like "footprint" using titanium - it says uninstalled but when i check my App section it's still there, reboot and still there. good thing i only had like 12 apps installed before flashing that i don't mind reinstalling manually but for future flashes I would definably need a more reliable backup app - maybe it's just me who screwed something up along the way - I am still learning.

Over all this is an Awesome ROM right out the box - no need to try another.
Did you hit Problems and install Busy Box in Titanium backup? That *should* take care of your issues. I use TiBackup constantly without issue.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Did you hit Problems and install Busy Box in Titanium backup? That *should* take care of your issues. I use TiBackup constantly without issue.
Sweet! appreciate your help just tried it and all is good now. Before flashing this ROM i did have busy box installed but wasnt aware that i needed it again once i flashed. I figured since the ROM already had Titanium backup installed i was good to go.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2010, 08:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

drl123 is just getting started

Anyone else getting an error near the end of the flash operation writing the hboot portion? I've gotten that error with both 3.2 and 3.5 when using Clockwork Recovery to 'Flash Zip from SD' (haven't tried flashing through ROM Manager itself or using the Amon_ra recovery).

Weird thing is the ROM seems to have installed properly other than getting that error during flash operation. The software number under About Phone is showing the ROM I was flashing and everything seems to be working fine.
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Calkulin has a mod you can install that will completely remove Sense....sorry I dont have a link
Quote:
Originally Posted by drl123 View Post
Anyone else getting an error near the end of the flash operation writing the hboot portion? I've gotten that error with both 3.2 and 3.5 when using Clockwork Recovery to 'Flash Zip from SD' (haven't tried flashing through ROM Manager itself or using the Amon_ra recovery).

Weird thing is the ROM seems to have installed properly other than getting that error during flash operation. The software number under About Phone is showing the ROM I was flashing and everything seems to be working fine.
I've never seen that issue. If all is running well you may want to leave it alone but the Format All zip in calks thread below will format boot among other portions. So you'd flash that, wipe Dalvik manually, then reinstall the ROM. No idea if that will help but it wont hurt. It's like a full wipe zip, except I don't think it touches Dalvik cache so it will clean you out completely. Clockwork may also be your issue, I'd try a flash to amon RA recovery as well.
It also has the Sense removal zip OMJ was talking about before.
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-30-2010 at 09:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

drl123 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I've never seen that issue. If all is running well you may want to leave it alone but the Format All zip in calks thread below will format boot among other portions. So you'd flash that, wipe Dalvik manually, then reinstall the ROM. No idea if that will help but it wont hurt. It's like a full wipe zip, except I don't think it touches Dalvik cache so it will clean you out completely. Clockwork may also be your issue, I'd try a flash to amon RA recovery as well.
It also has the Sense removal zip OMJ was talking about before.
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers
Thanks...I'll try the format all on the weekend.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

has anyone tried this rom with netarchy-toastmod, kernel? thinkin bout giving it a go but don't want to deal with the hassle having to restore myphone if it doesnt play nice with this rom.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A couple versions back the Calk tweaks were removed. My question is since USB tethering works with the ROM do I have to install the tweak or is it already done some other way.

Old 09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
has anyone tried this rom with netarchy-toastmod, kernel? thinkin bout giving it a go but don't want to deal with the hassle having to restore myphone if it doesnt play nice with this rom.
While I havent tried it with 3.5 I have used netarchy before and I cant imagine a reason it wont work. OMJ 3.5 is based off of the latest OTA base which netarchy's kernels do work with. Netarchy will tell you what ROM's are compatible.
You should get yourself familiar with the nand backup. It makes a complete copy of your ROM so you have something to fall back to if you try a mod or ROM you dont like or the install doesn't go well. You restore your backup and it's as if you never left.
If you are using ROM Manager/clockwork recovery the back up option is in ROM Manager. If you are using amon RA recovery then you boot into Recovery and perform the backup there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
A couple versions back the Calk tweaks were removed. My question is since USB tethering works with the ROM do I have to install the tweak or is it already done some other way.
OMJ cooked it in, I'm on it right now
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development