View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:39 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
Calkulin has a mod you can install that will completely remove Sense....sorry I dont have a link
Quote:
Originally Posted by drl123 View Post
Anyone else getting an error near the end of the flash operation writing the hboot portion? I've gotten that error with both 3.2 and 3.5 when using Clockwork Recovery to 'Flash Zip from SD' (haven't tried flashing through ROM Manager itself or using the Amon_ra recovery).

Weird thing is the ROM seems to have installed properly other than getting that error during flash operation. The software number under About Phone is showing the ROM I was flashing and everything seems to be working fine.
I've never seen that issue. If all is running well you may want to leave it alone but the Format All zip in calks thread below will format boot among other portions. So you'd flash that, wipe Dalvik manually, then reinstall the ROM. No idea if that will help but it wont hurt. It's like a full wipe zip, except I don't think it touches Dalvik cache so it will clean you out completely. Clockwork may also be your issue, I'd try a flash to amon RA recovery as well.
It also has the Sense removal zip OMJ was talking about before.
[ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers

Last edited by iknowsquat; 09-30-2010 at 09:44 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.