View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:02 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
has anyone tried this rom with netarchy-toastmod, kernel? thinkin bout giving it a go but don't want to deal with the hassle having to restore myphone if it doesnt play nice with this rom.
While I havent tried it with 3.5 I have used netarchy before and I cant imagine a reason it wont work. OMJ 3.5 is based off of the latest OTA base which netarchy's kernels do work with. Netarchy will tell you what ROM's are compatible.
You should get yourself familiar with the nand backup. It makes a complete copy of your ROM so you have something to fall back to if you try a mod or ROM you dont like or the install doesn't go well. You restore your backup and it's as if you never left.
If you are using ROM Manager/clockwork recovery the back up option is in ROM Manager. If you are using amon RA recovery then you boot into Recovery and perform the backup there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
A couple versions back the Calk tweaks were removed. My question is since USB tethering works with the ROM do I have to install the tweak or is it already done some other way.
OMJ cooked it in, I'm on it right now