PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 01:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

garapyuto is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Hey, for those using Titanium Backup, I am just curious how you go about restoring you apps. Do you restore all apps and user data, or just the missing apps and user data?

I restored the missing apps and data, but it seems to restore things that I had uninstalled. Should I just re-uninstall those apps or is there a better way?

Thanks
Old 10-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by garapyuto View Post
Hey, for those using Titanium Backup, I am just curious how you go about restoring you apps. Do you restore all apps and user data, or just the missing apps and user data?

I restored the missing apps and data, but it seems to restore things that I had uninstalled. Should I just re-uninstall those apps or is there a better way?

Thanks
So at some point you mustve backed up a copy but then manually uninstalled those unwanted apps. So TiBackup is working perfectly!
Go into the app and look at all of your back ups and just delete the saved copy of the apps you no longer want.

I BACKUP all user data and apps just to make sure I dont miss anything but I do not restore that. While it should be ok to do that for incremental updates I'm picky about my restore just in case something wont play nice with the new ROM. I pick and choose what I want to restore instead of "Restore All".
You can choose Restore All but you are given the option so unselect certain data/apps before you commit.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

As usual, the answer is something simple. Thanks IKS. You're the bomb.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

In the future before you flash try going to sd\Titanium and delete all of the files there. Then do a batch backup of all user apps and data. The apk's that you uninstalled along the way shouldn't be there after that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannawhat31 View Post
I was having the same problem when I tried to flash the sapphire theme last night. Thankfully i had a nandroid back up. Anyway, I went and renamed it to update.zip. I wipe the dalvik cache, and then applied the update.zip in recovery, and it booted up fine. Hopefully that helps.
Thanks man, that worked perfectly. It's a good thing I have 3 batteries, I burned through an entire battery this morning trying to fix the boot loop issue. I did everything and nothing worked until this.

Appropriate thanks have been given on your post. You da man.

And thanks OMJ for another release.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo

lathawn is a n00b

Loving the new 3.5 sapphire theme it is awesome. I've also updated the new radio, the rom is now really smoking. Thanks OMJ
Old 10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
In the future before you flash try going to sd\Titanium and delete all of the files there. Then do a batch backup of all user apps and data. The apk's that you uninstalled along the way shouldn't be there after that.
Thanks Chas. I will try this next ROM flash
Old 10-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: SPRINT

jamal33 is keeping up the good workjamal33 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by garapyuto View Post
Thanks Chas. I will try this next ROM flash
correct me if im wrong but i thought i read somewhere that you can only use the batch reload feature if you have the paid version of titanium Backup - if not then you have to manually reinstall in app you backed up.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal33 View Post
correct me if im wrong but i thought i read somewhere that you can only use the batch reload feature if you have the paid version of titanium Backup - if not then you have to manually reinstall in app you backed up.
Not exactly...
With the free batch restore you have to verify the install of each app, slow but not quite "manual". In the paid version app restore is fully automated.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work
This rom keeps boot loop and i did wipe,cache,darklis before i flash it i did try the methood but no good

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development