View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 08:20 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I've been trying to figure out what the difference between kingklick's BFS and CFS #7 Kernel. His BFS seems to be his latest creation but I can't figure out what the difference is. I did notice that BFS is based on Fresh ROM.. Would that be the difference? I want to make sure I flash the right one.

Thanks
Either one should work on any 2.2 ROM. Havent tried either one yet.
BFS stand for Brain F*** Scheduler. It has to do with app opending and switching (as per King)
NSFW wikipeida link about BFS Do Not Open in front of your kiddies-naughty word alert
Think of it as more performance based. It may have great battery life but it MAY be a bit less than #7. Just a guess from reading the thread.
I plan on flashing both and comparing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xfreak44 View Post
i tried this it didnt help. it keeps doing it. i dont know what to do
Did you try a fresh download? Something could be corrupted-either a file on your SD or the ROM file download was bad.
If you restore the old ROM does it run? If so then it could mean the download of v3.0 was corrupted. I'd think corrupted files on your card would effect either ROM version.
If you havent re-download the ROM and flash that. If it wont go then try to reformat your SD:
Back up your SD card then reformat it (fats32)
Rewipe and reflash the ROM.