PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
Random question but say I wanted to update the 3.0 zip file with the latest netarchy kernel.

Could I simply unzip the kernel file, copy the files into the appropriate directories of the OMJ zip file, re-zip and re-sign and it would be good to flash?

I know I can place all the files into their respective directories, but that still leaves the toastmod.img that's in the root of the netarchy zip file and I don't know if that MUST be placed somewhere, MUST be installed by flashing, or is just there to help the flashing process place the other files in their correct directories and is really not a needed file if I copied all the rest of the files.

I don't know if I even explained that properly. Haha.
You technically can unzip the ROM files and customize but you have to re-sign it after you're done playing with it in order for it to flash correctly.
The MUCH easier method would be to just flash the ROM and then flash the latest kernel over it.
There does not appear to be an advantage to a cooked in kernel vs one flashed on top of a ROM.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Too early to tell Bro. kingklick's is strong but I have to try out netarchy now that he added HAVS.
Congrats on the 4G, send it up to Tampa plz!!!!!
questions 1. are you ussing SetCPU or Overclockwidget
2. so far how you battery life
Old 08-17-2010, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Anyone having trouble using the internet while roaming on this rom?
Old 08-17-2010, 09:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I got 4g in Downtown Miami... I'm freaking excited Check out my nice 4g Icon on top..

And I also got a second bar... Just by moving a few feet East in my office.. And check out the Speed Test.. AWESOME... Can anyone else with 4g Tell me if this is a decent speed test?? It's the FIRST for me..

yeah, that's not all that great for 4G....since updating to PRI 1.40....my 3G download is 2+ mb....I always test from the sppedtest.net website....but for the hell of it, I downloaded the speedtest app....I get better results when testing to the Tampa server, but I cant select it on the app

Last edited by OMJ; 08-17-2010 at 10:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
questions 1. are you ussing SetCPU or Overclockwidget
2. so far how you battery life
I'm using setcpu 1113 Max 245 Min with conservative scaling. kingklick #6 was 10-20% better on the battery than netarchy 4.0.3a.
I left setcpu alone and just flashed the kernel. I believe the proper way is to flash the kernel THEN set up setcpu.
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Quote:
You technically can unzip the ROM files and customize but you have to re-sign it after you're done playing with it in order for it to flash correctly.
The MUCH easier method would be to just flash the ROM and then flash the latest kernel over it.
There does not appear to be an advantage to a cooked in kernel vs one flashed on top of a ROM.
Haha. Convenience would be my advantage. It seems easier and more convenient for me to customize the ROM before I flash it.

I've already been flashing a customized version of OMJ's ROM with my apps, updated su, removed other apps, etc.

So just to confirm, simply copying the files in netarchy's kernel zip to the respective directories would update the kernel file, re-zipping, and re-signing would allow me to flash the file with the new kernel already installed correct? And I wouldn't include toastmod.img file anywhere. Just the stuff in the system directory (except for the meta-inf directory of course).
Old 08-17-2010, 10:10 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Haha. Convenience would be my advantage. It seems easier and more convenient for me to customize the ROM before I flash it.

I've already been flashing a customized version of OMJ's ROM with my apps, updated su, removed other apps, etc.

So just to confirm, simply copying the files in netarchy's kernel zip to the respective directories would update the kernel file, re-zipping, and re-signing would allow me to flash the file with the new kernel already installed correct? And I wouldn't include toastmod.img file anywhere. Just the stuff in the system directory (except for the meta-inf directory of course).
I misinterpreted your level of expertise Sir
I bow to your better knowledge
and will to defer to The Chef on this one.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:

yes, just copy the files to the respective directories, BUT you need to delete boot.img from the kitchen/rom, then copy toastmod.img in it's place, and rename it boot.img......the kernel is in the boot.img.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Quote:
I misinterpreted your level of expertise Sir
I bow to your better knowledge
and will to defer to The Chef on this one.
Haha. I think I would be the one named "iknowsquat" more so than you. I learn by trial and error and a lot of reading (and praying that I don't brick my phone). You've already been a great help in this and other threads, and I appreciate your responses whatever they may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yes, just copy the files to the respective directories, BUT you need to delete boot.img from the kitchen/rom, then copy toastmod.img in it's place, and rename it boot.img......the kernel is in the boot.img.

Ahh. So I do need the .img file. Thanks OMJ. That's what I needed to know. And now i've learned something new. You are too awesome. Thanks for all your hard work. I look forward to your next update, but in the mean time, I will mess around with your latest. =]

Last edited by prjkthack; 08-17-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 08-17-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I just did this today...Here is the link

Thanks.. I'm trying to get CDMA workshop but can't find a NONE VIRUS version... Everything seems to be infected...

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development