PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....
Carrier: Sprint

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Hey guys this isn't a support thread for the newest kernel thats being ran...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Now when I go into setcpu it reboots my phone as well. Guess I need to unistall that program and redownload.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Just flashed 4.1.2 and got a random reboot. Are you suppose to wipe anything before installing a kernel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
Got a shitty quadrant score of 1102 on the newest kernel. Guess I need to wipe cache and dalvik.
You dont HAVE to wipe before, I never do. If you run into issues then yes, wipe cache and dalvik and reflash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brol1k View Post
Hey im running into problems with the kernel flash...it keeps rebooting into the lock screen says no service and the screen is unresponsive, after about 2 minutes it cycles again and goes to the lock screen again still unresponsive and keep cycling that way, I cache cleared and dalvik cleared and flashed kernel again and still the same.
Are you flashing from Clockwork or amon RA? If you are using Clockwork try switching temporarliy to amon and try again. There are stabiliy issues being reported with this kernel version esp at higher OC values. Are you using OC widget or SetCPU? You could try disabling them prior to the flash and see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prjkthack View Post
Go 1305 with the latest netarchy kernel. Though that it while plugged in and overclocked to 1190 max/min with SetCPU.

Linpack was crap at 25 MFLOPS. I think that's pretty terrible.
I've been told the updated Linpack is more of a tough scorer so higher values are harder to obtain. I wouldnt call 25 "terrible" but it should be higher.

For those having issues you could try flashing 4.1.1

I just installed the latest kernel with setCPU at 998/245
mflops 35
fps 53 stdev 2.79
quadrant 1236

Gotta play some more but not a bad start. I highly doubt netarchy is finished with this so stay tuned....

Like I said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchy View Post
It's being worked on, fear not, should have an update at some point this evening.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-18-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooover View Post
Hey guys this isn't a support thread for the newest kernel thats being ran...
OMJ included an older version of netarchy's kernel in his last ROM and now that kernel has been updated.
Seems like a good place to talk about how this kernel (or any mod IMO) effects this ROM.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
its really not !!
Got it.. Thanks.. I read thru a crap load of threads before ppl started saying no virus.. It's Norton antivirus detecting a ghost..

thanks... I got my lockscreen name changed... AWEsome...

Old 08-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I just did this today...Here is the link
Thanks dude.. After spending a few hours trying to figure out why CDMA workshop kept having a virus, I ran into a thread that said it was Norton detecting it.. It wasn't a virus.. Well.. Done.. Thanks dude..

Check out the pic

Old 08-18-2010, 12:46 AM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
OMJ included an older version of netarchy's kernel in his last ROM and now that kernel has been updated.
Seems like a good place to talk about how this kernel (or any mod IMO) effects this ROM.

Sorry, I was just searching for afixto something and had to read through all the mess ... Not a biggie my bad...
Old 08-18-2010, 12:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
I just installed the latest kernel with setCPU at 998/245
mflops 35
fps 53 stdev 2.79
quadrant 1236

Gotta play some more but not a bad start. I highly doubt netarchy is finished with this so stay tuned....
Rebooted a few times, and results just seem to vary depending on how the phone feels. Haha.

With SetCPU at 998/245, I now get:

mflops: 35
fps: 54
quadrant: 1366

Much better scores.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

New kernel is a nightmare.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Ok never mind I got it working, seems luke the link omj supplied me with want working so I got another link and I'm good now....so hows the newest kernel running on this rom?

Tapatalk'd on Evo
Sprint 4g speed:

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development