PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2010, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: Sprint

tjmontan is keeping up the good worktjmontan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Having a new issue and can't figure it out..phone will not sleep..works great for 1/2 day and then will not sleep..flashed a few times to test..I am running v 2.1 with latest netarchy kernel..no aps loaded. I have exchange email HTC Facebook ( Facebook app that comes with Rom).what I notice when I look at the task killer is music and voicemail always show up..hard to kill music too. I do not have music on my SD card...does anyone know what could be wrong..thanks
Old 08-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
what I notice when I look at the task killer...
Get rid of the task-killer and then see if it sleeps. I've read about more problems running a task-killer with Froyo than seen any benefits.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 07:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Having a new issue and can't figure it out..phone will not sleep..works great for 1/2 day and then will not sleep..flashed a few times to test..I am running v 2.1 with latest netarchy kernel..no aps loaded. I have exchange email HTC Facebook ( Facebook app that comes with Rom).what I notice when I look at the task killer is music and voicemail always show up..hard to kill music too. I do not have music on my SD card...does anyone know what could be wrong..thanks

I think iknowsquat posted some pages back about an issue with facebook not allowing phone to sleep. You have to make sure you have the latest version. Market has version 1.31 I think it is.

I have App Killer and it's been working just fine. I've always had it.. I could try uninstalling it and see what happens? I'll give that a try tomorrow and see how my battery runs? Never thought about turning it off, since the phone has been running pretty good.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I am running old Facebook ..comes with the Rom..could task killer make it some how look for music...wonder if i put music on my card what would happen..heck maybe I need to just flash a diff Rom version besides V2.1
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
I am running old Facebook ..comes with the Rom..could task killer make it some how look for music...wonder if i put music on my card what would happen..heck maybe I need to just flash a diff Rom version besides V2.1
Like rich said that I said...wait, WHAT?
Apparently the Facebook app can cause the phone to have insomnia. Uninstall the version you have and dl v1.3.1 from the Market.
I dont understand you music question? The task killer cant make anything look for anything else....what it *could* do is kill an app/service prematurely so that when ANOTHER app/service went to call on the killed one resources would be wasted during the search.

What data are you using to assess whether your device will sleep or not?

Like Vegasden said I would lose the task killer. I used ATK for about two weeks and then read some posts/article about how task killer actually can HURT battery life (like the example I cited above) Android can "learn" about what apps we use or dont and will distribute resources accordingly. Just because an app/service shows it's "up" doesn't mean it's a battery drainer.
Also dont get hung up on memory space. Android is not WinMo. Android will run the same if you have 200M free or 20. Here's an analogy that drove the point home for me:
Repeatedly killing apps and striving to have the most free memory is like a professor writing one line across the chalkboard and then erasing it and starting over from the top left corner. He has the whole chalkboard available but just keeps rewriting over the same space.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-09-2010 at 08:45 PM.
Old 08-09-2010, 08:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Like rich said that I said...wait, WHAT?
Apparently the Facebook app can cause the phone to have insomnia. Uninstall the version you have and dl v1.3.1 from the Market.
I dont understand you music question? The task killer cant make anything look for anything else....what it *could* do is kill an app/service prematurely so that when ANOTHER app/service went to call on the killed one resources would be wasted during the search.

What data are you using to assess whether your device will sleep or not?
thanks to everyone for trying to help..I am running facebook 1.2 (no update to 1.3 or 1.3.1)..I feel like something keeps looking for music and maybe causing the phone not to sleep..Not really sure where to look for the data..all i know is to look at the task killer and when i do that I always see music and voicemail...i check them kill em and most of the time the music does not go away from the list??
Old 08-09-2010, 08:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DCLocal is becoming a great contributor

For those running Advanced Task Killer, try disabling it (uncheck auto-start) and see how your phone runs and your battery lasts. I had it disabled over the weekend and uninstalled it Sunday evening. So far my battery life is great.

I don't know if ATK is not froyo ready or if the early reports that froyo is better handling apps and doesn't need (like) task killers but I'm liking OMJ's ROM without ATK.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
Damn. I haven't flashed since the 5th. I'm jonesin for a new update.
nothin much new going on...when the froyo themes are ready, I'll add them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
So in my effort to restore 4G I have restored my original NAND that was made when rooting my phone in the beginning of June. Ok so my 4G works, now my only problem is getting back to Froyo while retaining 4G. I currently have a rooted stock rom. I would think that I simply have to copy Rom1 v1.7 to my sdcard then go to bootloader and flash then flash Froyo. When i enter bootloader Rom1 loads and after the bar on the right side of screen fills it just says checking for about 10secs then returns to main bootloader screen.... Also I removed a update.zip recovery helper from my sdcard now when i boot into recovery it still asks for it ( but it is not available because i deleted it... )

yeah, it sounds like you're not fully rooted, if u can't run the ROM1 v1.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaaah_hoo View Post
I went from OMJ version 1.5 to version 2.1 but I never flash v1.7. Does anybody know if this will create a problem for me later on? Thanks.
u may not see any issues, but I'd recommend flashing the ROM1 v1.7 just to make sure you have all the firmware updates, as the official OTA Froyo only patched 1.47.651.1. v1.5 is pre-1.47.651.1, ROM1 v1.7 gets up to proper 1.47.651.1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbopowr View Post
Great ROM OMJ! I've been using your ROM's since I had my Touch Diamond.

Anyway, a little off-topic but I've been picking up 4G here in Orlando for almost a week now. I live in downtown and have gotten a signal up and down Colonial, and I work down by the Florida mall and am also picking up a signal (full bars over by Sandlake and OBT. I was able to get 9mb down during a speedtest and consistantly get 3-5mbps in my office with only 1 bar.

I know you live nearby in Leesburg, so I was wondering if you had gotten to play around with 4G yet.

Cheers

Hector
I work in Leesburg, not sure if we'll ever see 4G here. I live in Clermont, much closer to Orlando. There's a corporate store here that said we're getting 4G....someday, lol.

I went to Sea World a week ago, picked up 4G @ Sandlake & I4, though my speed test sucked @ss. I've also picked up signal in Ocoee.

Which ROM are u using? 9mb, very nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
On been outta loop for a while why is there a caped version? and is it it sending apps to sd or do i need to use app2sd
hows the new 2.2 froyo build working any glitches i need know
and is a build coming the includes new radios
and if not am i renaming zips to pc36 or just flashing zips
the capped version is only w/ the ROM w/ Netarchys custom kernel, if u flash the one w/ the stock kernel, then set the camera to 8mp, you can then flash the same custom kernel & say @ 8mp.

Quote:
do u have the music widget? this will cause the music app to run....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post
For those running Advanced Task Killer, try disabling it (uncheck auto-start) and see how your phone runs and your battery lasts. I had it disabled over the weekend and uninstalled it Sunday evening. So far my battery life is great.

I don't know if ATK is not froyo ready or if the early reports that froyo is better handling apps and doesn't need (like) task killers but I'm liking OMJ's ROM without ATK.
good idea, I may try this....just for giggles though, when I open ATK & kill apps, I kill ATK too

Last edited by OMJ; 08-09-2010 at 09:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo

M2Iceman is becoming a great contributor

Running OMJ EVO 2.2 FroYo v2.1
Stock Kernel (Wifi Tether now working w/ 2.0.5_pre7)

Havent used the wifi tether app since I flashed. Started using it today and noticing that after 5 mins of the phone going into sleep mode, Im loosing 3G connection and have to wake the phone for it connect back to 3G. Anyone else having this issue????
Old 08-09-2010, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCLocal View Post

I gonna try it right now thanks buddy

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development