View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 08:32 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
I am running old Facebook ..comes with the Rom..could task killer make it some how look for music...wonder if i put music on my card what would happen..heck maybe I need to just flash a diff Rom version besides V2.1
Like rich said that I said...wait, WHAT?
Apparently the Facebook app can cause the phone to have insomnia. Uninstall the version you have and dl v1.3.1 from the Market.
I dont understand you music question? The task killer cant make anything look for anything else....what it *could* do is kill an app/service prematurely so that when ANOTHER app/service went to call on the killed one resources would be wasted during the search.

What data are you using to assess whether your device will sleep or not?

Like Vegasden said I would lose the task killer. I used ATK for about two weeks and then read some posts/article about how task killer actually can HURT battery life (like the example I cited above) Android can "learn" about what apps we use or dont and will distribute resources accordingly. Just because an app/service shows it's "up" doesn't mean it's a battery drainer.
Also dont get hung up on memory space. Android is not WinMo. Android will run the same if you have 200M free or 20. Here's an analogy that drove the point home for me:
Repeatedly killing apps and striving to have the most free memory is like a professor writing one line across the chalkboard and then erasing it and starting over from the top left corner. He has the whole chalkboard available but just keeps rewriting over the same space.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-09-2010 at 08:45 PM.