PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2010, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
The Pandora issue is a problem with Froyo. Google has it on their to fix list. The kernel has nothing to do with it.

You might check the Market as I saw an update for Pandora today.
Thanks! There is indeed an update for Pandora in the market. I installed it and I'll test it out when I get off work...
Old 08-11-2010, 06:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
What is the diference between pre7 and pre8,

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
New Pandora sound great thanks for the info

Old 08-11-2010, 07:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
What is the diference between pre7 and pre8,

About 1

http://code.google.com/p/android-wif...tesKnownIssues
Old 08-11-2010, 08:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Well you don't HAVE to. Wireless tether pre7 works on the stock kernel.

netarchy is still working on the kernel, 4.0 is just to "get it out there" more versions pending as he hasnt worked on UC/OC.

Sprint is blocking USB tethering unless you pay for the hotspot.
If you want wired tethering then grab PDAnet from the Market.

EDIT: DAMN! He's quick, 4.0.1 is out, allows underclocking down to 128mhz with Setcpu.

Actually he's got 4.0.2 now... =D> The dude is a MACHINE...
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Actually he's got 4.0.2 now... =D> The dude is a MACHINE...
Yes, I know...works great
Old 08-11-2010, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Yes, I know...works great
V7 of wifi tether is what is working. Wifi v6 doesn't work anymore. Camera is working great. Now it shows 8mp not 3mp..

Gallery still has an issue but I think that is cuz of konikub alyosius theme. Not sure what is going on with that.. I like the theme but the FC is becoming a pain... I actually use the gallery a lot, so the FC's are a nuisance.. Have you seen a fix anywhere? Other than putting the phone sideways, and the opening pictures... More of a permanent fix?
Error I get is The Application Gallery (Process com.htc.album) has stopped unexpectedly. Any ideas?

Last edited by richarc93; 08-11-2010 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
V7 of wifi tether is what is working. Wifi v6 doesn't work anymore. Camera is working great. Now it shows 8mp not 3mp..

Gallery still has an issue but I think that is cuz of konikub alyosius theme. Not sure what is going on with that.. I like the theme but the FC is becoming a pain... I actually use the gallery a lot, so the FC's are a nuisance.. Have you seen a fix anywhere? Other than putting the phone sideways, and the opening pictures... More of s permanent fix?
Just fyi tether is up to Pre8 (works too) but from the release notes there doesnt seem to be a significant difference from 7. Pre9 is in the Release notes (but not actually released yet) and is described as the final pre-release.

Yes ALL of koni's themes have the Gallery FC in Portrait. Since launching in Landscape works (except for the Sense Gallery widget-that's hit or miss) it's a non-issue for me. You know you can switch back to Portrait once you are in an album, right? You just need to rotate back to Landscape if you are going to switch albums. Again, no biggie IMO.
Remember-koni is working "blind" since he doesnt have a Evo. We may not see a fix until he gets his. Since they are sold out in his area he talked about releasing some Test Themes to try to pinpoint the issue, so he's working on it.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-11-2010 at 10:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Lurker

VIPDMERC is a n00b

Hey, I'm new to all this and have the latest update from Sprint as of August 2nd, can I still update or should I say Rom my EVO using this latest rom OMJ. ALso if yes, how do I go about doing it?
Old 08-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIPDMERC View Post
Hey, I'm new to all this and have the latest update from Sprint as of August 2nd, can I still update or should I say Rom my EVO using this latest rom OMJ. ALso if yes, how do I go about doing it?
Sorry Bro, there is no root process for Froyo. You need to wait until someone develops one.
Could be tonight, could be next month, could be never.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development