PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
OK, then like I said just flash it over an older one. That's how I do it.

How's your reception? I've read a low signal can interfere with the process.
Which steps are you trying?
Are you positive you dont have it? You will see the "no firmware available" message even when it works. Check Menu/settings/about phone/software info to be sure

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...3&d=1281148182

I am trying the 786 method and the 3282 method, randomly. I check for it everytime. I tried outside as well. Might be time to give up and try again sometime later today. Thanks for all your help though!

Riley.... any luck?
Old 08-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
I am trying the 786 method and the 3282 method, randomly. I check for it everytime. I tried outside as well. Might be time to give up and try again sometime later today. Thanks for all your help though!

Riley.... any luck?

Nope, still not working...oh well. maybe it will work in the am! oh wait it is the am...shoot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:

Riley.... any luck?
I have a feeling tonight could be kinda like launch day with the Evo with all the "new activations".

It's DEFINITELY worth the effort IMO (but that doesnt mean it will help you-some it will, some it wont)
No placebo here
Old 08-13-2010, 04:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Ok..it took me a while. I went thru the many xda (oh! the drama) threads and tried a couple of ways.

First I tried 3282 a few times. No dice.

I then tried 786 and went right into a boot loop. I discovered (and others mentioned in threads) this will probably happen using clockwork recovery.

So I flashed RA and tried again 786 (I was using the OMJ deodexed with stock kernel). No dice.

I then saw a few people had success in using netarchy's stock rooted odexed rom,
so I flashed that.

I tried 786 again with the recommended wipes (one or 2X each). No dice.

Then I saw some folks had success with NO WIPES. So, I did 786 once more time, it went into recovery, I rebooted.....SUCCESS!!!!

Summation: YMMV but I got it on first try using RA recovery, netarchy's stock rom, 786 method & no wipes. Also, on reboot I did not touch the phone at all until it had done it's thing (other than pressing ok at the 3 prompts).

Good luck....and now onto the new OMJ.

Old 08-13-2010, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Android (Evo 3D)

dchamero is just getting started

It did not work for me... I tried many many times (i lost count) using all the methods (3282, 768, wipe, no wipe, etc etc) and no dice....

Do you think the update is still on Sprint servers???
Old 08-13-2010, 06:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
yep, I got 2 fresh ROMs, got the deodexed uploaded, will upload the odex in the am

if u want deodexed....

DOWNLOAD

I'll make an official post in the am....
Hope the link is still live for when I get home

Tapatalk'd on the Evo
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 08-13-2010, 06:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Bit of a scare this am.. I had lost my mobile connection. I did the 1.40 last nite and it was working.. Well, I tried updating my profile (usually that always does the trick) no worky... So I reboot, that didn't work... I tried turning off/on mobile network cuz that works most of the times also.. Nada.... So I was starting to panic cuz I was getting error code 67 poping up on me every 20 secs or so.... I decided to try to user profile update again and it took the update.. I noticed a significant increasse in inet page response time. Pages r loading quicker.. Much quicker after this am's scare...

All's good in the neighborhood....
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
New OMJ ROM is smoking!! Has the latest netarchy kernel and the PPCG "mods" (just wallpaper and themed kb)

OMJ-themed kb was FCing all over the joint, installed the one I had on my card right over it without an uninstall and all is beautious!

Thanks Bro!!
Quote:
Where do we get the file to fix the keybaord?
crap, I forgot something....will re-cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
thanks, will try this. still no go for me. I get an error when wiping sd:ext partition. Says "error, run "wipe ext' via adb?? hopefully this isnt screwing me

also is OMJ latest have the 1.4 pri?
fyi---the sd:ext partition was the only one I did NOT wipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
GOT IT ALSO... I'm good.. Thanks to every1 for the help... Got it in 2 attempts. Did a Nand Restore (ROM Mgr) and everything seems to be working GREAT... Now I need to figure out WHY the battery is dieing on me sooooo freaking fast.. If I let the phone sleep, it won't consume battery but regular usage, data mostly (3g) it kills the battery..

Was OMJ working on a battery???.apk or something?? Will that be in the new ROM..

C'mon... Hook us up...
sometimes I can't even keep track of what I'm doing, lol....battery.apk??? was there something I was gonna add?

Last edited by OMJ; 08-13-2010 at 09:30 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 09:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
crap, I forgot something....will re-cook

fyi---the sd:ext partition was the only one I did NOT wipe

I knew I forgot something.....

Thanks OMJ, I still have not been able to get the latest PRI, so I had not even flashed the ROM you posted last night. I will hopefully be ready to flash your new one when you release it. Thanks again!
Old 08-13-2010, 09:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

touch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartouch_rules is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Sure, np. Throw a Thank at Vegasden too. He posted the link, I was already running the theme so I thought I'd provide some visual "evidence".
All thanks given, you guys rock.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development