PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 01:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!
Carrier: Sprint

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait....this thing makes pancakes?

Old 08-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

For those using chrometophone (installed in the rom....check it out if you haven't already) there are new versions of the chrome extension and the .apk.

http://code.google.com/p/chrometophone/downloads/list

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 02:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sievers View Post
First off I would like to say... I want Pancakes!!!

Second, if you do post the deodexed rom, make sure you put in there that you wipe the cache and dalvik cache. I had some issues when going back and forth from the standard kernel to Netarchy's, and back and forth when testing things out. I would also put a big statement out there letting them know that they must be 100% sure that the theme they flash is 100% 2.2 compatible. Otherwise your going to get a lot of screaming that the pancake factory is broken and they don't know how to get it back up and running again.

Going to run the rom the rest of the day.. try to find some other 2.2 themes out there tonight after work. Otherwise it seems to be stable.

u must not have read ekt8750's complete post....I say that cuz I posted the deodexed rom last night, but u must not have read the last couple pages.

statements or disclaimers? no, not gonna do that...people already know the risks, if not, they shouldn't be flashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2Iceman View Post
" flashing since the apache days (or even before)"

He said Apache, LOLOLOLOL, Im with ya, been a long time since those days.
now there's a blast from the past....apache was my first PPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
haha, I agree with you man. By the way, Big J's (or whatever his name was) Mario ROM on the 6700 (Apache) was the one I ran back then... I was just listing the possible problems since you asked.

The stock kernel with the new wifi tethering seems like the best bet if you want stability...
I used Helmi's kitchen to cook my own, but back then I just cooked for myself
Old 08-04-2010, 03:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Sievers is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
u must not have read ekt8750's complete post....I say that cuz I posted the deodexed rom last night, but u must not have read the last couple pages.

statements or disclaimers? no, not gonna do that...people already know the risks, if not, they shouldn't be flashing.
Sorry, I meant if you post the Deodexed on the front page..... I was testing with the Deodexed. That worked, but after going back and forth from one Kernel to the other... thats when I ran into problems. Clearing the caches cleared up any issues.

As for the statements and disclaimers... just figured that would quit people from bitching that they broke their phone and how do I get it back. Your call... it is your forum thread..... I just download all the goodies
Old 08-04-2010, 03:11 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/HTC Touch Pro 2/ Mogul
Carrier: Sprint/Metropcs

killac93 is a n00b

Hi,
I'm just wondering if there is a recommended rom for the EVO on MetroPCS. I believe that the rom must support ip tables in order to get full web, apps and mms. Most of the roms that I have tried will get web but no apps or mms. I'm currently running Ava-FroyoV2RC3 and it gets web, apps and mms but it's really buggy as well. I've tried the popular roms like OMJ, FROYO, Damage, etc, but can't seem to get apps and mms on them. Any suggestions out there?
Old 08-04-2010, 03:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
On the nose! Also the stuff about the streaming worries me. I'm quite happy with 1.9 but as soon as a more worry free 2.2 is released I don't think I'll be switching. I love my OMJ rom and pancakes.
I feel the same way. Just restored 1.8 this morning. The camera issues, plus it seemed a little buggy to me. My screen orientation would be flipped landscape when I was holding in portrait and vice versa. I'm gonna wait for the next update. 1.8 is perfect for me right now. Thanks OMJ!
Old 08-04-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, HTC TP, HTC TP2 & HTC Evo

soicy423 is keeping up the good worksoicy423 is keeping up the good work

for some reason i can't flash from 2.2 2.0 to 2.2 2.1 rom with custom kernel. when i try to flash with clockmod the phone reboots it wipes the cache and copys the files then like 3 mins later it gets some type of e drive system link busybox error and it won't install then i have to nandroid to get somethin flashed in order to boot up my phone. any suggestions?

Old 08-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
On the nose! Also the stuff about the streaming worries me. I'm quite happy with 1.9 but as soon as a more worry free 2.2 is released I don't think I'll be switching. I love my OMJ rom and pancakes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uofajac View Post
I feel the same way. Just restored 1.8 this morning. The camera issues, plus it seemed a little buggy to me. My screen orientation would be flipped landscape when I was holding in portrait and vice versa. I'm gonna wait for the next update. 1.8 is perfect for me right now. Thanks OMJ!
What exactly you are you waiting for? If Eclair works for you that's awesome. This is the new OS (well, major update at least) from HTC. This isn't some mod or tweak that OMJ or some Dev created. C'MON! It's Froyo and it's delicious
The next leap forward will be Gingerbread this winter (maybe). Of course there may be some Froyo updates in the future from HTC.
There are no camera issues with any OMJ ROM. An "issue" does exist if you choose to use a modded kernel.
For me the OS is new and improved and rock solid. If you are having issues you may want to rewipe and reflash.

uofajac-did you re-calibrate the screen orientation?

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-04-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 08-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by soicy423 View Post
for some reason i can't flash from 2.2 2.0 to 2.2 2.1 rom with custom kernel. when i try to flash with clockmod the phone reboots it wipes the cache and copys the files then like 3 mins later it gets some type of e drive system link busybox error and it won't install then i have to nandroid to get somethin flashed in order to boot up my phone. any suggestions?
I don't use Clockwork, in older versions I don't think it wiped Dalvik well which could cause an issue with the kernel.
Kernels can be tempermental. It MAY be messing with the ROM install.
I would try the stock kernel ROM then just flash the kernel over that.
The kernel is here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

Just be sure your camera is set to 8MP before you flash the kernel if that matters to you.
After the flash your camera will say its 3MP but its a lie!

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-05-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: BAD LINK
Old 08-04-2010, 05:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

OMJ...I'm having issues with my Ford Flex's Sync. I can connect bluetooth audio, but that's it. I cant use the phone functionality. Any guesses why?? Or is there a different bluetooth stack?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development