PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 08:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
FAQ:

Q: Streaming Music is bad
A: Follow this guide. This should fix Pandora, but will have adverse affects on Yahoo Music.
Being a huge fan of OMJ's work I thought I would expound on this subject for his huge following.

I tested the "guide" and, yes, it improves Pandora's sound. I've read elsewhere of a Pandora response to the issue; they said they are aware of this issue and plan an upgrade soon.

What the guide doesn't tell you is by changing stagefright to false it breaks others apps. I have personally tested it with Yahoo Music Radio (hence OMJ's warning), WunderRadio, RadioTime and a few other radio streaming apps. What happens is the app tries to connect and then you get a "station not available" or some other message. At least that has been my personal experience.

I also just saw posted in a thread regarding the latest Fresh ROM. A poster complained "If I try to record a video nothing happens when I press the record button. Sometimes I am able to take a picture, but then the screen goes to all black and unresponsive." The culprit? Changing stagefright to false according to others responding.

Yes, Pandora is a great service. But, IMHO, making a change to correct one app (which will be upgraded soon, they say) and potentially break many other apps makes no sense. One the other hand, I salute the devs who delved into the Pandora issue and their hard work to find a solution for that app.

I am now stepping off my soap box. You may now resume flashing.

Last edited by Vegasden; 08-04-2010 at 08:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuLLKiLL View Post
Bootloader has given me nothing but problems... Not valid older than current blah blah blah
I flashed clockwork recovery and have not seen or needed bootloader since and it is great. You can flash radios kernals or full ROMs through it. You can go into recovery or into the app on the phone and tell it what ROM or radio to flash. It also has an option from the app to wipe before flashing a new ROM which is awesome! I have used it for full backups and switching to new ROMS and updating ROMs and Kernals without even a hint of an issue.

Once you get it installed select flash recovery and your golden. The really nice thing is the ease of managing backups from the app! If you try it and have problems or questions shoot me a PM and I would be happy to help!

Oh yeah and you can get it from the market for free they even let you turn the flippin adds off
(though leaving them on supports the devs)
Interesting......
I give bootloader a serious workout and it never fails.
What error are you seeing exactly?
ROM Manager is nice but I dont use it. I've tried to turn off apps but it doesnt seem to stick, the stop seems temporary.
On OMJ deodexed it wont stick at all. I uncheck, exit ROM Mang, check another app and ads are there, enter ROM Manager and the check mark is back. I even unchecked, hit home, Rebooted. Still got ads.
Yours is 100% consistent?

@Vegasden-Thanks for the 411. Pandora sounds fine to me, tried the temp fix as a test an nothing changed. Of course I could be tone deaf (wife nods in background)
Also Bro-just wanted to give ya a big ol' public Thank You for hosting the ROMS. Very nice server ya got there, DL'd to my phone lightning quick
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post

uofajac-did you re-calibrate the screen orientation?
Yeah I did. Didn't help. I'll probably try it again in the near future. Figured I would just wait for the next OMJ update.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc EVO
Carrier: sprint

stangdriver52000 is just getting started

does anyone know if the wired tether app works?
Old 08-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver52000 View Post
pdanet no problems, wifi tether last version no problems
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Being a huge fan of OMJ's work I thought I would expound on this subject for his huge following.

I tested the "guide" and, yes, it improves Pandora's sound. I've read elsewhere of a Pandora response to the issue; they said they are aware of this issue and plan an upgrade soon.

What the guide doesn't tell you is by changing stagefright to false it breaks others apps. I have personally tested it with Yahoo Music Radio (hence OMJ's warning), WunderRadio, RadioTime and a few other radio streaming apps. What happens is the app tries to connect and then you get a "station not available" or some other message. At least that has been my personal experience.

I also just saw posted in a thread regarding the latest Fresh ROM. A poster complained "If I try to record a video nothing happens when I press the record button. Sometimes I am able to take a picture, but then the screen goes to all black and unresponsive." The culprit? Changing stagefright to false according to others responding.

Yes, Pandora is a great service. But, IMHO, making a change to correct one app (which will be upgraded soon, they say) and potentially break many other apps makes no sense. One the other hand, I salute the devs who delved into the Pandora issue and their hard work to find a solution for that app.

I am now stepping off my soap box. You may now resume flashing.
thanks for the expanded info
Old 08-04-2010, 10:44 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stangdriver52000 View Post
The native USB tethering in Froyo does not. I read that Sprint was going to (maybe still will?) allow it but currently it gives Data Call Failure messages.
As juancaparez2000 said wired tethering via and app like PDAnet works fine. Wireless tethering does as well with the latest version.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
The native USB tethering in Froyo does not. I read that Sprint was going to (maybe still will?) allow it but currently it gives Data Call Failure messages.
As juancaparez2000 said wired tethering via and app like PDAnet works fine. Wireless tethering does as well with the latest version.
excuse me Ikno since i watch that you change your name how i can do that
Old 08-04-2010, 10:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
What exactly you are you waiting for? If Eclair works for you that's awesome. This is the new OS (well, major update at least) from HTC. This isn't some mod or tweak that OMJ or some Dev created. C'MON! It's Froyo and it's delicious
The next leap forward will be Gingerbread this winter (maybe). Of course there may be some Froyo updates in the future from HTC.
There are no camera issues with any OMJ ROM. An "issue" does exist if you choose to use a modded kernel.
For me the OS is new and improved and rock solid. If you are having issues you may want to rewipe and reflash.

uofajac-did you re-calibrate the screen orientation?
There is a new netarchy kernel 3.7.7... Not sure if it resolves the camera issues.. I had to do a complete Data wipe, cache wipe, dalvik wipe, 2x each and then flashed the v2.1 NO KERNEL and everything seems to be ok now.. I kept getting a lot of issues with my camera... I actually use the camera and the wifi tether a lot.. I got both working Nice now.. No mod kernel yet... I wanna see if ppl have used it on the stock kernel and if things remain ok... Netarchy didn't mention anything about fixing camera problem on his post. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=719763

L8r..
Old 08-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Interesting......
I give bootloader a serious workout and it never fails.
What error are you seeing exactly?
ROM Manager is nice but I dont use it. I've tried to turn off apps but it doesnt seem to stick, the stop seems temporary.
On OMJ deodexed it wont stick at all. I uncheck, exit ROM Mang, check another app and ads are there, enter ROM Manager and the check mark is back. I even unchecked, hit home, Rebooted. Still got ads.
Yours is 100% consistent?

@Vegasden-Thanks for the 411. Pandora sounds fine to me, tried the temp fix as a test an nothing changed. Of course I could be tone deaf (wife nods in background)
Also Bro-just wanted to give ya a big ol' public Thank You for hosting the ROMS. Very nice server ya got there, DL'd to my phone lightning quick =D>

Vegasden I'm gonna agree with iknowsquat... Your host servers are AWESOME... They are blazing fast.. Thanks dude..=D>

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development