PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

I guess I need to update the FAQ & include it on every ROM post. I keep seeing the same questions asked, some are very basic. I'm all for helping ppl, but I'm not a fan of spoon feeding. Try hitting the "search this thread" instead of being so quick to ask a question. oh & one more thing, if u search & don't find your answer, go ahead & post it, you don't need to PM me to ask if u need to wipe!!!....</rant>

FAQ:

Q: Do I need to reflash the radios?
A: NO, once you flash a radio, it sticks regardless of which ROM u flash

Q: Do I need to reflash the kernel?
A: Depends. ROMs will always include a kernel, if u dont like the kernel that's included in the ROM, then u will need to flash the one u want.

Q: Do I need to Wipe?
A: Oh, my Fav question that's asked everyday. It is always recommended to wipe, but it's your choice. If u don't want to wipe, do a nand backup b4 flashing, if you have any issues, restore that nand backup, and you'll be back to where u started....it's that easy.

Q: What is Deodexed?
A: In the base ROM, most of the APKs have an associated odex file. Deodexing converts the odex info back into the APK, eliminating the odex file. This is needed to use themes.

Q: Do I need to wipe when going from a Doedexed ROM to Odex ROM & visa versa?
A: Same as above applies. The deodexed/odex files are in the /system partition which gets formatted anyways, so whether the ROM is odexed or deodexed has not affect on wiping
Old 08-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
it will say HTC_IME mod, check the box next to it to activate....then when u long press a text box, the text input when pop up.

OMJ, any chance you can post the Keyboard.apk by itself? A link?? PLEASE..

The keyboard looks pretty good.

Thanks
Old 08-06-2010, 10:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
OMJ, any chance you can post the Keyboard.apk by itself? A link?? PLEASE..

The keyboard looks pretty good.

Thanks
here ya go....

http://droid.ibeta.org/apk/HTC_IME_PPCG-froyo.apk

from...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120578
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:39 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SII Epic 4G Touch & HTC Evo 3D

uofajac is keeping up the good workuofajac is keeping up the good work

This is the one I've been waiting for. Knew OMJ has something cooking. Finally made the switch from 1.8 to the new froyo ppcgeeks rom. It's awesome. Works flawlessly. Thanks OMJ. You have a loyal follower for life!
Old 08-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff

Well...the Red & Blue Themes are released for 2.2:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746689

Old 08-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmontan View Post
OMJ--couple questions--First, I am currently running your 2.2 froyo v2.1, stock kernel, deleted tether and added pre7 (that is all I have done-minus adding 2 apps linpack for android and sdmove..I am having battery issues and for the first time ever on any of your roms I have the same up time as awake time ( both 21:54:29)??? Also I was curious if you personally (or Iknowsquat, vegas etc) use Setcpu for any add'l battery saving? If so what settings do you use..I am a heavy heavy user and really need a little more battery life than speed..thanks again
I don't use SetCPU. I've been ROM jumping too much to weigh in on battery life just yet.
Check all the basic sync settings as a start, making sure all your settings are the sameas Eclair. I posted something about battery life last night, give the ROM a few days running without mods to get a true assessment of its battery life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by litlepyro View Post
Yea its wierd. Im running his clear/glass theme and the no clock worked fine. Just can install the battery mod. Thanks anyways.

Squat....have any ideals or similar problems in the past?
Yes I have, having trouble getting the no clock mod to go, still testing...
That's the nature of mods tho, they are not goingto work the same for every user, even ones on the same ROM.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
I seen this but could not install it. Did you have to do anything special to install this?

Here is the error.....
E:Wrong digest:
framework/framework-res.apk
E:Verification failed

Installation aborted.
Well i figured it out. Kind of a pita but you have to use the clockworkmod recovery. I was using RA recovery. Installed the clockworkmod one, flashed the zip, then reisntalled the RA recovery. Ta-DA, there it is. I just prefered RA because I have read to many problems with clockworkmod.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO-Zone
Carrier: Sprint 4G

Vegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuffVegasden knows their stuff
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Well i figured it out. Kind of a pita but you have to use the clockworkmod recovery. I was using RA recovery. Installed the clockworkmod one, flashed the zip, then reisntalled the RA recovery. Ta-DA, there it is. I just prefered RA because I have read to many problems with clockworkmod.
There ya go...you found the problem...the clock & battery aren't signed. As I understand RA will only flashed signed zips.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:15 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Well...the Red & Blue Themes are released for 2.2:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=746689
New roms tonight!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 08-06-2010, 12:17 PM
Chillin'
Pocket PC: Evolved....

hooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rephooover is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
New roms tonight!

I knew that was coming....lol!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development