PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

izzyforreal is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
ahh ok, well attached is 2 KB's that should work...one has the PPCG theme
OMJ: Thanks for your help. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried installing both of those keyboard mods, and although they complete and say "Installed" nothing ever changes with respect to the keyboard. Even after installing the themed keyboard I saw no changes, just the same keyboard with the language button rather than the voice button. Do you think I need to wipe everything and start from scratch?
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
This happens with all the current ROMS unless I go back to a version like 1.9. I even wiped all the data from the phone and did a clean install. Same result. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the phone being Rooted. Sprint is sending me a new phone. We'll see if that fixes it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the combination of my location and Root.... Driving me crazy though.

BD
The Location service is a combo of GPS and Cell tower communication.
Is GPS on all the time? Mine is as I've read shutting it off can hurt battery life as services that may need it may waste resources looking for it.

Are you on the latest PRL? 60669

You went into Menu/Location and enabled all options? (Assume so just trying to cover all the bases)

Did you try a COMPLETE wipe prior to install? Factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache? I've read once or ten times doesnt matter but I'd do each one twice.

After install try to uninstall Google Maps and reboot. See if the problem persists. If it clears then reinstall Google Maps from the Market and check your location. I read a post blaming Google Maps.

You are not alone as per Google. However it appears to be a Froyo issue vs a root issue. If it were a root issue you would hear a lot more about it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
OMJ: Thanks for your help. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried installing both of those keyboard mods, and although they complete and say "Installed" nothing ever changes with respect to the keyboard. Even after installing the themed keyboard I saw no changes, just the same keyboard with the language button rather than the voice button. Do you think I need to wipe everything and start from scratch?
Did you enable them under Menu/Settings/Language & keyboard?
Old 08-07-2010, 05:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Ok I think I'm back in Android heaven now all I need to do is fix my laptop is there a PCGeeks.com for computers where I could download a new windows rom lol
Old 08-07-2010, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: sprint

Ryno_666 is just getting started

Why yes there is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XD2F_S-zsuw
Old 08-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TP2 back up !! EVO 4G !!
Carrier: SPRINT

cuban4lf is keeping up the good workcuban4lf is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to cuban4lf Send a message via Skype™ to cuban4lf

if im having alot of issues with froyo can i go back to 1.7 and keep new radio and wimax ???
Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuban4lf View Post
if im having alot of issues with froyo can i go back to 1.7 and keep new radio and wimax ???
You can but its generally not recommended. Each OS or upgrade is written to work with a specific radio and wimax. You can always try out different radio and wimax combos tho and see what you get. The older radios and wimax are posted, lemme see if I can track 'em down.

What issue do you have with Froyo?

EDIT:
Here it is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-07-2010 at 09:17 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
You can but its generally not recommended. Each OS or upgrade is written to work with a specific radio and wimax. You can always try out different radio and wimax combos tho and see what you get. The older radios and wimax are posted, lemme see if I can track 'em down.

What issue do you have with Froyo?

EDIT:
Here it is:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485

ok here i go...1) when i try to send a txt and keyboard opens sometimes i have to close and open kb a few times b4 it actually starts typing my message.
2)battery life kinda blows now
3)when i go to place a call from the call log , sometimes i have to hit it 3 times b4 it places the call !!

besides that it pretty good. and this is on 2 devices with fresh on one and omjs latest !!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:00 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
ok here i go...1) when i try to send a txt and keyboard opens sometimes i have to close and open kb a few times b4 it actually starts typing my message.
2)battery life kinda blows now
3)when i go to place a call from the call log , sometimes i have to hit it 3 times b4 it places the call !!

besides that it pretty good. and this is on 2 devices with fresh on one and omjs latest !!
OK, here I go
Which ROM are you on? Stock or modded kernel?
How did you install? How/what did you wipe--exactly?
Any mods to the OS? SetCPU? OC Widget?
Have you re-calibrated the screen?
Are you using a stock kb?
Are you on the latest PRL-60669?
Are you running the Facebook app and if so is it v1.3.1? (if it's not DL 1.3.1 from the market)
Also dl Network from the Market. Run the app and scroll down to set preferred network. It'll prolly say CDMA auto (PRL). Select anything else and exit. Go right back in and pick CDMA auto (PRL) again-I posted on this earlier today.
Have you ensured that ALL your sync settings for all your apps are the same as Eclair AND are you running any new apps that could possible be a draw on resources?

It's a lot but there are that many variables (and more) that can effect battery life.
Answer up and we'll see if anything jumps out at us.
Just a tip-the best method of assessing a ROM or upgrade to the OS is to simply run it "stock" for a day or three and THEN start adding apps and messing around with mods.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
OK, here I go
Which ROM are you on? Stock or modded kernel?
How did you install? How/what did you wipe--exactly?
Any mods to the OS? SetCPU? OC Widget?
Have you re-calibrated the screen?
Are you using a stock kb?
Are you on the latest PRL-60669?
Are you running the Facebook app and if so is it v1.3.1? (if it's not DL 1.3.1 from the market)
Also dl Network from the Market. Run the app and scroll down to set preferred network. It'll prolly say CDMA auto (PRL). Select anything else and exit. Go right back in and pick CDMA auto (PRL) again-I posted on this earlier today.
Have you ensured that ALL your sync settings for all your apps are the same as Eclair AND are you running any new apps that could possible be a draw on resources?

It's a lot but there are that many variables (and more) that can effect battery life.
Answer up and we'll see if anything jumps out at us.
Just a tip-the best method of assessing a ROM or upgrade to the OS is to simply run it "stock" for a day or three and THEN start adding apps and messing around with mods.
stock kernel
wiped data, cache and d cache
oc widget
havent re calibrated
yes stock kb
yes 60669
facebook that came with rom
got network earlier and did as instructed
and yes setting same as 2.1
oh, and i cant get none of my apps to trasfer to sd card !!! NONE

Last edited by cuban4lf; 08-07-2010 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
stock kernel
wiped data, cache and d cache
oc widget
havent re calibrated
yes stock kb
yes 60669
facebook that came with rom
got network earlier and did as instructed
and yes setting same as 2.1
oh, and i cant get none of my apps to trasfer to sd card !!! NONE
wipe-sounds good but a redo cant hurt. I wipe each one twice.
oc widget-*should* help but has it been Froyoized? dunno.
recalibrate-do it, it may help. I do see an occasional unresponsiveness in the screen when closing apps/switching screens. So if you try a screen tap RIGHT after opening/closing an app (or the dialer) that is what you could be seeing.
Open Facebook and check the version (Menu/About) They released 1.3.1 to address an issue that wouldnt let the device sleep fully. Could help.

The apps ability to go to the card comes from the developer. Even if you dont get prompted from the Market, you may still be able to send it to the Market via Menu/Settings/Manage applications. There's also an app sdmove
that will find the moveable apps for you.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development