PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 11:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Nygel could be onto something. Just thought I'd mention v3.1 deodexed is 174MB-did you get a complete dl?
Got it to work. The d/l was complete. ROM Mgr is the flashing method that worked... The error I had gotten was under recovery mode. I usually flash directly via amon RA but for some reason it didn't work correctly this time?? It actually crashed the phone. I was stuck for about 5 mins on the "White Screen with black HTC logo on it" Shitty feeling when the thing doesn't even boot up...
Old 08-31-2010, 11:16 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!
Carrier: Sprint

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

So what is the best method of "getting out" when you get stuck on the white screen or in boot loop? This has not happened to me yet but I want to be prepared just in case it does...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM *beta*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloupha View Post
"Feel confident to wipe your brains out" - LOL

I do post flash wiping because of a habit from windows flashing. Even after flashing a new rom, it is possible that some junk from the previous rom still lurking around so it was suggested to wipe after the flash as well. I have been doing it ever since. I moved over to android (as you can tell, still a noob) and I continue the same practice.

If it's not necessary, I can save myself a step.
Post wiping after a new ROM flash install isn't really necessary... I typical advice is actually NOT to wipe if you sticking with same ROMs. If you jump to different ROMs you should definetly wipe data/cache/dalvik cache but if you stick with OMJ or Fresh or any other, usually cache and dalvik cache will suffice.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker

I just reviewed all the steps to Root a Stock 2.2 FRoyo EVO (Thanks IKSquat). Gotta make sure the wife wants me to mess with her phone this weekend.. I'm sure once I show her a pretty pink theme she's gonna want me to fix it up for her... Plus I'm dieing to experiment on her phone..

Anyone know of any kewl pink chicky themes? Pink, Purple or anything chicks would like... I think Konikubs has a cherub theme or sumtin... gotta go check his site out.

I would install riptipe on her but not sure if she'll really like that one?
Old 08-31-2010, 11:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
So what all is in data/app that I am missing out on? I also wiped post flash due to my TP2 habits... Haven't flashed 3.1 yet so I guess I'll find out soon enough either way...
You may have already figured it out but he has ChromeToPhone, Android Mate, ROM Manager, and Tiback up in there. Might be off a bit, cant check atm.

Quote:
"Feel confident to wipe your brains out" - LOL

I do post flash wiping because of a habit from windows flashing. Even after flashing a new rom, it is possible that some junk from the previous rom still lurking around so it was suggested to wipe after the flash as well. I have been doing it ever since. I moved over to android (as you can tell, still a noob) and I continue the same practice.

If it's not necessary, I can save myself a step.
Save yourself some time Bro, like rich said some even dispute wiping BEFORE the flash (preposterous!!) but post flash is a wot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
So what is the best method of "getting out" when you get stuck on the white screen or in boot loop? This has not happened to me yet but I want to be prepared just in case it does...
Pull your battery, replace it and manually boot into recovery. If it is a new ROM install then rewipe and reflash. If it is from a mod you tried then just do cache and dalvik and reflash the mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Post wiping after a new ROM flash install isn't really necessary... I typical advice is actually NOT to wipe if you sticking with same ROMs. If you jump to different ROMs you should definetly wipe data/cache/dalvik cache but if you stick with OMJ or Fresh or any other, usually cache and dalvik cache will suffice.
Let me save you a little time too Bro-if you do a Factory reset cache gets wiped from that, no need to do it again. Factory/data and dalvik are all that's needed.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Anyone know of any kewl pink chicky themes? Pink, Purple or anything chicks would like... I think Konikubs has a cherub theme or sumtin... gotta go check his site out.

I would install riptipe on her but not sure if she'll really like that one?
Check out this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...56&postcount=6

Is that pink enough?
Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

Quote:

Pull your battery, replace it and manually boot into recovery. If it is a new ROM install then rewipe and reflash. If it is from a mod you tried then just do cache and dalvik and reflash the mod.

Excellent!! So would you say that the Evo is pretty hard to brick? I know that a lot of devs said that the TP2 was almost un-brickable (if thats a word)...

Last edited by stanglifemike; 09-01-2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Aloupha is keeping up the good workAloupha is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Let me save you a little time too Bro-if you do a Factory reset cache gets wiped from that, no need to do it again. Factory/data and dalvik are all that's needed.
I do Factory/Data, Cache, Dalvik, and Battery Stats - at least two time for each.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:13 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

Just booted into Recovery with Quick Boot and using Rom MAnager. Where is wipe Dalvik? I see wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition but do not see wipe Dalvik......

EDIT: nevermind, found it

EDIT 2: when selecting "wipe dalvik" I see nothing on the screen like I do when I wipe cache or when I wipe data/factory reset......any thoughts on this?

Last edited by stanglifemike; 09-01-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Check out this one - http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...56&postcount=6

Is that pink enough?
Yep.... konikub's cherub... niiiccceee I'm sure she's gonna want me to install that one on her

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development