View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 03:03 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
This happens with all the current ROMS unless I go back to a version like 1.9. I even wiped all the data from the phone and did a clean install. Same result. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the phone being Rooted. Sprint is sending me a new phone. We'll see if that fixes it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the combination of my location and Root.... Driving me crazy though.

BD
The Location service is a combo of GPS and Cell tower communication.
Is GPS on all the time? Mine is as I've read shutting it off can hurt battery life as services that may need it may waste resources looking for it.

Are you on the latest PRL? 60669

You went into Menu/Location and enabled all options? (Assume so just trying to cover all the bases)

Did you try a COMPLETE wipe prior to install? Factory reset, cache, and dalvik cache? I've read once or ten times doesnt matter but I'd do each one twice.

After install try to uninstall Google Maps and reboot. See if the problem persists. If it clears then reinstall Google Maps from the Market and check your location. I read a post blaming Google Maps.

You are not alone as per Google. However it appears to be a Froyo issue vs a root issue. If it were a root issue you would hear a lot more about it IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzyforreal View Post
OMJ: Thanks for your help. Am I doing something wrong? I've tried installing both of those keyboard mods, and although they complete and say "Installed" nothing ever changes with respect to the keyboard. Even after installing the themed keyboard I saw no changes, just the same keyboard with the language button rather than the voice button. Do you think I need to wipe everything and start from scratch?
Did you enable them under Menu/Settings/Language & keyboard?