View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 10:08 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

I guess I need to update the FAQ & include it on every ROM post. I keep seeing the same questions asked, some are very basic. I'm all for helping ppl, but I'm not a fan of spoon feeding. Try hitting the "search this thread" instead of being so quick to ask a question. oh & one more thing, if u search & don't find your answer, go ahead & post it, you don't need to PM me to ask if u need to wipe!!!....</rant>

FAQ:

Q: Do I need to reflash the radios?
A: NO, once you flash a radio, it sticks regardless of which ROM u flash

Q: Do I need to reflash the kernel?
A: Depends. ROMs will always include a kernel, if u dont like the kernel that's included in the ROM, then u will need to flash the one u want.

Q: Do I need to Wipe?
A: Oh, my Fav question that's asked everyday. It is always recommended to wipe, but it's your choice. If u don't want to wipe, do a nand backup b4 flashing, if you have any issues, restore that nand backup, and you'll be back to where u started....it's that easy.

Q: What is Deodexed?
A: In the base ROM, most of the APKs have an associated odex file. Deodexing converts the odex info back into the APK, eliminating the odex file. This is needed to use themes.

Q: Do I need to wipe when going from a Doedexed ROM to Odex ROM & visa versa?
A: Same as above applies. The deodexed/odex files are in the /system partition which gets formatted anyways, so whether the ROM is odexed or deodexed has not affect on wiping