View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 10:29 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasden View Post
Being a huge fan of OMJ's work I thought I would expound on this subject for his huge following.

I tested the "guide" and, yes, it improves Pandora's sound. I've read elsewhere of a Pandora response to the issue; they said they are aware of this issue and plan an upgrade soon.

What the guide doesn't tell you is by changing stagefright to false it breaks others apps. I have personally tested it with Yahoo Music Radio (hence OMJ's warning), WunderRadio, RadioTime and a few other radio streaming apps. What happens is the app tries to connect and then you get a "station not available" or some other message. At least that has been my personal experience.

I also just saw posted in a thread regarding the latest Fresh ROM. A poster complained "If I try to record a video nothing happens when I press the record button. Sometimes I am able to take a picture, but then the screen goes to all black and unresponsive." The culprit? Changing stagefright to false according to others responding.

Yes, Pandora is a great service. But, IMHO, making a change to correct one app (which will be upgraded soon, they say) and potentially break many other apps makes no sense. One the other hand, I salute the devs who delved into the Pandora issue and their hard work to find a solution for that app.

I am now stepping off my soap box. You may now resume flashing.
thanks for the expanded info