PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

mrimage is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Works like a charm on the stock kernel with OMJ rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
there is a new version of WiFi tether that supposedly works on the stock Rom. someone care to test?

http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...2_0_5-pre7.apk
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch

mrimage is just getting started

is there a application that can load theme and uninstall it if you dont want it without of to wipe all the time
Old 08-04-2010, 09:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

It sounds like too many problems exist. I think I'll keeps my 1.9 and wait it out.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
It sounds like too many problems exist. I think I'll keeps my 1.9 and wait it out.
what problems are you referring to?

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
what problems are you referring to?
Probably the jumping through hoops, flashing a certain way, remembering to never touch the camera settings, and then hoping it's really at 8 mp even though it says 3. And after all that, hoping it doesn't fc on you.

The stock kernel with the new (and working?) wifi tether sounds like the way to go...
Old 08-04-2010, 10:04 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
Probably the jumping through hoops, flashing a certain way, remembering to never touch the camera settings, and then hoping it's really at 8 mp even though it says 3. And after all that, hoping it doesn't fc on you.

The stock kernel with the new (and working?) wifi tether sounds like the way to go...
here's the thing. we all know we're pushing these devices into areas that make HTC cringe. and we all know there are certain risks (notice all the "flash at your own risk" statements that every cook notes) in doing what we're doing. so. all of us that have been flashing since the apache days (or even before) typically ignore this kind of stuff because it just comes with the territory. i guess that's why every time i flash a new rom, no matter what the device is, i assume it will have certain issues and it's really not a big deal to me. i do get frustrated and ask the guys much smarter than me (which is most of you) for help when i need it. so in the end, no worries.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLord View Post
here's the thing. we all know we're pushing these devices into areas that make HTC cringe. and we all know there are certain risks (notice all the "flash at your own risk" statements that every cook notes) in doing what we're doing. so. all of us that have been flashing since the apache days (or even before) typically ignore this kind of stuff because it just comes with the territory. i guess that's why every time i flash a new rom, no matter what the device is, i assume it will have certain issues and it's really not a big deal to me. i do get frustrated and ask the guys much smarter than me (which is most of you) for help when i need it. so in the end, no worries.
Thing is also you get n00bs expecting their new ROM will enable their phone to make them a nice warm stack of pancakes on command (who doesn't like pancakes?) and when it doesn't happen instead of skimming back a few pages in the thread or googling their issue, they go to the quick reply box bitching that they don't have a stack of pancakes in front of them.

That being said I'm still fairly new to android as the EVO is my first android phone and in turn new to root but have learn an assload since I got it on launch day mostly just by reading users' past experiences and not cluttering up forums with n00b questions. Once I got into rooting I went in with the mindset of there will be teething issues both on my end (basic cases of "you're doing it wrong") and on the devs' end. Needless to say it's been all good so far.

Last edited by ekt8750; 08-04-2010 at 10:33 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:40 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Thing is also you get n00bs expecting their new ROM will enable their phone to make them a nice warm stack of pancakes on command (who doesn't like pancakes?) and when it doesn't happen instead of skimming back a few pages in the thread or googling their issue, they go to the quick reply box bitching that they don't have a stack of pancakes in front of them.

That being said I'm still fairly new to android as the EVO is my first android phone and in turn new to root but have learn an assload since I got it on launch day mostly just by reading users' past experiences and not cluttering up forums with n00b questions. Once I got into rooting I went in with the mindset of there will be teething issues both on my end (basic cases of "you're doing it wrong") and on the devs' end. Needless to say it's been all good so far.
very nice post sir. i stamp it "DL Approved" (not that it means anything, i just like to see "DL Approved" everywhere).
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Sievers is a n00b

First off I would like to say... I want Pancakes!!!

Second, if you do post the deodexed rom, make sure you put in there that you wipe the cache and dalvik cache. I had some issues when going back and forth from the standard kernel to Netarchy's, and back and forth when testing things out. I would also put a big statement out there letting them know that they must be 100% sure that the theme they flash is 100% 2.2 compatible. Otherwise your going to get a lot of screaming that the pancake factory is broken and they don't know how to get it back up and running again.

Going to run the rom the rest of the day.. try to find some other 2.2 themes out there tonight after work. Otherwise it seems to be stable.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work
New wifi tether app does not need custom kernel tested already cooool

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Life is a Burrito !!!!!

My EVO is full rooted with OMJ rom!!!!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development