View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 02:44 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/5/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
So in my effort to restore 4G I have restored my original NAND that was made when rooting my phone in the beginning of June. Ok so my 4G works, now my only problem is getting back to Froyo while retaining 4G. I currently have a rooted stock rom. I would think that I simply have to copy Rom1 v1.7 to my sdcard then go to bootloader and flash then flash Froyo. When i enter bootloader Rom1 loads and after the bar on the right side of screen fills it just says checking for about 10secs then returns to main bootloader screen.... Also I removed a update.zip recovery helper from my sdcard now when i boot into recovery it still asks for it ( but it is not available because i deleted it... )
Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
The ROM files not updating means one of two things. Either there's nothing to update since you have all the files already or you don't have a complete download. I'll assume the files are ones you used previously so it's most likely the former.
Try to reflash the Froyo ROM, radio, and wimax and see if 4G sticks.

EDIT:IF your Nand is from a version pre-v1.7 then you should flash ROM1.
After editing my post I realized I left sometihing out so I decided to Bump it up.

Another reason you could see that issue is if you are not Nand unlocked. Check your hboot version.
Power off the phone. Boot into bootloader by holding Down Vol while you power on. At the top of the screen is your hboot. It needs to be .76.2 for the v1.7 ROM1 files to work.

As OMJ said (thanks TRE) you DO need to flash v1.7 ROM1 if you havent, prior to Froyo.
(whitslacks ROM from XDA would get you the correct files too)

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-09-2010 at 02:49 PM.