PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2010, 03:21 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/30/10*

Bro, that is a SICK keyboard skin
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
Ok need some help

been trying to load theme on v3.1 deodexed with no luck just goes in to boot loop on restart

so i tried just the rom without loading theme same result boot loop

then tried v3.1 odexed same result boot loop

re-download and tried again same result

anyone got any ideas
You have a "touchy" phone like I do...I've been through bootloop so many times and tried so many things it's pathetic.

Assume you are using RA recovery...If you haven't solved your problem yet try the following:
Boot to recovery
Wipe data, cache, dalvik 2x each...redundant but do it
Power off phone and pull battery for 3-4 minutes
Battery back in and boot back in to recovery
Reflash your ROM/Nand Restore

When you get restored then come back to recovery and flash theme w/o wiping anything.

This wierd combo for whatever reason seems "pretty reliable" on a bootloop prone phone, at least mine.

Good luck...hope it works for you or you've already solved.

Jim
Old 08-31-2010, 03:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Ok need some help

been trying to load theme on v3.1 deodexed with no luck just goes in to boot loop on restart

so i tried just the rom without loading theme same result boot loop

then tried v3.1 odexed same result boot loop

re-download and tried again same result

anyone got any ideas
I just flashed the 3.1 deodexed and then Riptides version 5, then the update to version 5.

What I do, not knowing if it actually helps or not, is I reboot after every process and let it fully load. I flash the ROM, reboot. Turn off the phone, boot into recovery then flash the theme, reboot. Turn off the phone, reboot to recovery and flash the update to the theme. Instead of flashing them all in one shot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlmwq View Post
One more question. When everyone says to wipe before flashing a new rom, are you just referring to cache and dalvik cache or the whole sd card also? Thnaks
Yes only cache and davlik. If you get some hiccups, and are coming from a different ROM all together, then a wipe of data factory reset might be in order. Not necessary but could help, even though it stinks to do a factroy wipe.

Old 08-31-2010, 03:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I just flashed the 3.1 deodexed and then Riptides version 5, then the update to version 5.

What I do, not knowing if it actually helps or not, is I reboot after every process and let it fully load. I flash the ROM, reboot. Turn off the phone, boot into recovery then flash the theme, reboot. Turn off the phone, reboot to recovery and flash the update to the theme. Instead of flashing them all in one shot.
you think you can upload the roms so know i got a working zip?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 08-31-2010, 03:59 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
thanks man that worked dont why it worked but it did
i pulled the battery after every flash

your the pimp =D>
Old 08-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
thanks man that worked dont why it worked but it did
i pulled the battery after every flash

your the pimp =D>

Glad you got it working...now you can enjoy Rips and OMJ's hard work, together it is pretty frikin good.

Last edited by TREmp77; 08-31-2010 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
One more question. When everyone says to wipe before flashing a new rom, are you just referring to cache and dalvik cache or the whole sd card also? Thnaks
Cache only. Dalvik and regular Cache. Problem with Rom mgr is that its not wiping dalvik correctly. So u have to flash RA amon and do the wipe.

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 08-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Question: I've heard people say that ClockworkMod recovery doesn't wipe cache properly. Is this still an issue? Do I need to switch to RA Recovery to make sure I am wiping my data? Thanks
Correct. Dalvik cache is not wiping correctly. Try it. Go to recovery via Rom mgr flash recovery. Go wipe dalvik and you'll see it will wipe in less than 1 second. Then reboot and flash RA recovery and go to recovery. Try dalvik wipe again and depending how much cache is in their it'll take about a minute wiping data...

Sent from my Evo"Nator" using TapaTalk
Old 08-31-2010, 04:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
I just wanted to say thanks to u Bro.. =D>

While I was waiting for my Evo... I kept track of the site, and the work ur were doing helping everyone along with OMJ...
That when I rooted, I had no problems setting up things...
I am new like alotta peeps in here on android...
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 View Post
OMJ... where is the PPCG WALLPAPER @..

I cant find it on the old rom, I want in on 3.1.. I really dig the image..

can u please post, or let me know where on the device to look for...
Happy to help Bro. Speaking of which.....

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/y..._wallpaper.png

Last edited by iknowsquat; 08-31-2010 at 08:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Hey IKNO how's going with the New Kings bfs numero ocho, im talking about battery life, im testing wiht OMJ v3.1 and is felling like is flying but have not chances to test battery cause i need to give a full charge to my battery after court day

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development