PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache Mogul Vogue TP TP2 EVO4G
Carrier: Cricket $30 unlimited with Data 80KB down 120K up

morbidj is keeping up the good workmorbidj is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Thank you OMJ by far my favourite ROM!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:02 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Weirdness for sure. So how do you recover from the boot loops? Battery pull and then the next boot is ok or does it take a few attempts to get it to go?
It IS a boot LOOP right? Not just a long boot TIME? (Just checking)

You reflashed amon but how? Via ROM Manager? Have you tried flashing amon manually as it's decribed in FastRX8's root tutorial?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Step 2K or 5Z (same thing)

Looking at all you've done, a common denominator is your SD card. The card itself could be bad or maybe just a rotten file.
If you havent already then back up your card and then reformat with fats32.
Load the card into your device completely blank and reboot. Once the card is prepped by the phone try and test the stability.
If that takes care of the boot loops you're all set but potentially have a rouge file on your card. Be careful with how quickly you put files back onto your card so you dont put a funky one back and return to Boot Loop City.
Thanks for input and suggestions.

I usually pull the battery, go back into recovery, re-wipe, and if lucky it will then reboot OK. Makes flashing stuff not a fun adventure sometimes.

Flashed Amon RA manually through fastboot. Just redid it again to make sure I had a "good" flash.

Have not tried SD card deal...will do that if problem persist.

Thought of something last night to look at...I had SetCPU enabled at boot and looked at my profile settings...I had apparently OC'd to 1152 on a couple settings. I generally UC, not OC...guess I screwed up in rush way back when. This could potentially cause problems at boot couldn't it? Well, fixed nevertheless and will find out today when I flash something new...perhaps an updated kernal
Old 08-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
i downloaded the wimix radio version 26023 from teh front page. it says applying image after i select it. than it reboots a couple times but in adb it says i still have -

Check Firwmare Version (4.6.2.2v25641_) ........ 4.6.2.2v25641_

so how do i get it to update wimax is there a special way? same as the baseband right?
Yes, its flashed like the baseband, no wipes, did you do the baseband first? Id try again, it may just need a reflash.
How did you root/get to Froyo? There's a small chance you may be missing some updates from the 1.47 OTA.
OMJ v1.7 ROM1 from Post 2 may help as it updates a lot of firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Thanks for input and suggestions.

I usually pull the battery, go back into recovery, re-wipe, and if lucky it will then reboot OK. Makes flashing stuff not a fun adventure sometimes.

Flashed Amon RA manually through fastboot. Just redid it again to make sure I had a "good" flash.

Have not tried SD card deal...will do that if problem persist.

Thought of something last night to look at...I had SetCPU enabled at boot and looked at my profile settings...I had apparently OC'd to 1152 on a couple settings. I generally UC, not OC...guess I screwed up in rush way back when. This could potentially cause problems at boot couldn't it? Well, fixed nevertheless and will find out today when I flash something new...perhaps an updated kernal
Troubleshooting 101:Always remove ALL mods and non-included apps and then try to reproduce the issue, ESPECIALLY if it is an issue no one else is having.
Yank Set CPU and see what happens.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Thought I'd give an update FWIW for anyone who might get into the bootloop hell no matter what you try.

I went back to FastRX8 as recommended by IKnowSquat step 5Z and did the following:

Unzipped the flash_image, mtd-eng.img, and recovery.img to the SD card again. Went in to ADB and did following cmds

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery
It rebooted in to recovery and showed as "No Build Set" (no custom recovery yet) so I had straight Android recovery. From there I nand restored my last good setup.

It rebooted fine, put everything back where it should be. I then went to ROM Manager and did my Clockwork flash and Alternate RA recovery. To test then I quick booted into recovery and was in the custom RA. Flashed net kernal 4.18 and rebooted....everything went smoothly, even without doing wipes.

I'm hopeful that I'm "fixed" but who knows...fingers crossed and underwear changed
Old 08-27-2010, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

nope clean install of the omj rom than after it reboots flash the wimax update only

still

i used to have the stock 2.2 rom than i rooted it by going back to 2.1. used unrevoked 3 than flashed omj's and the baseband updates fine its the wmax that refuses to update. even though I do get 4g still off the 25461
Old 08-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@JELIVE-sweet, let us know how it goes.

Quote:
nope clean install of the omj rom than after it reboots flash the wimax update only

still

i used to have the stock 2.2 rom than i rooted it by going back to 2.1. used unrevoked 3 than flashed omj's and the baseband updates fine its the wmax that refuses to update. even though I do get 4g still off the 25461
First, congrats on your Froyo downgrade that's killer
The firmware issue I mentioned should not be a factor in this case.
If your 4G works this all may be a moot point, you may be fine as is.
It is recommended that you flash ROM/Radio/wimax in that order.
You can run new radio/old wimax obviously but it's recommended to keep everything up to date.
If it is important to you, you could try a reflash in the order I described with a full reboot between each file.
Old 08-27-2010, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i guess next build he will intergrate all teh radios and rom?
Old 08-27-2010, 04:47 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
i guess next build he will intergrate all teh radios and rom?
He'll hafta answer that one but in my experience chefs leave the radios alone.

I changed my mind on the firmware cause.
I don't know how unrevoked works but if it knocks you back to an older OS then you could still need the firmware updates that v1.7 provides....if you still cant update that is.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:10 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Not speaking for OMJ but he did let it be known that he is moving so ROM updates may slow down for awhile but his ROM doesnt have a lot to trim down to make it a "bare ROM". Again-flash to find out.
Of course we can remove anything we dont want in there ourselves.
yeah, I'm struggling to find a good reason to update....I know there's been requests to add apps2sd & kingklick's kernel but if you already added, then there's not much to update. I look at updated ROMs for ppl that may be coming from stock or another ROM.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:57 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Yeah app2sd please...

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development