PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2010, 03:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Currently on OMJ 2.2 V3 with netarchy 4.03 and Rips V5 Color N Clear…I have a good nand backup of this to fall back on whenever I’m screwing around with different things…which is often

Problem is I seem prone to the Sprint-4G boot loop issue when I boot/reboot even though I do the consensus pre-flash Factory reset and Dalvik cache 2x each (Amon RA or Clockwork Recovery). It’s happened trying different ROMs, radios, kernels, the ##786# and ##3282# trying to get PRI 1.40 deal, and even often when restoring my nand backup. Even did RA Recovery img again to make sure it wasn’t corrupted.

This issue sure makes each new try of something new a major adventure. Ideas ??

Jim
Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Currently on OMJ 2.2 V3 with netarchy 4.03 and Rips V5 Color N Clear…I have a good nand backup of this to fall back on whenever I’m screwing around with different things…which is often

Problem is I seem prone to the Sprint-4G boot loop issue when I boot/reboot even though I do the consensus pre-flash Factory reset and Dalvik cache 2x each (Amon RA or Clockwork Recovery). It’s happened trying different ROMs, radios, kernels, the ##786# and ##3282# trying to get PRI 1.40 deal, and even often when restoring my nand backup. Even did RA Recovery img again to make sure it wasn’t corrupted.

This issue sure makes each new try of something new a major adventure. Ideas ??

Jim
Weirdness for sure. So how do you recover from the boot loops? Battery pull and then the next boot is ok or does it take a few attempts to get it to go?
It IS a boot LOOP right? Not just a long boot TIME? (Just checking)

You reflashed amon but how? Via ROM Manager? Have you tried flashing amon manually as it's decribed in FastRX8's root tutorial?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Step 2K or 5Z (same thing)

Looking at all you've done, a common denominator is your SD card. The card itself could be bad or maybe just a rotten file.
If you havent already then back up your card and then reformat with fats32.
Load the card into your device completely blank and reboot. Once the card is prepped by the phone try and test the stability.
If that takes care of the boot loops you're all set but potentially have a rouge file on your card. Be careful with how quickly you put files back onto your card so you dont put a funky one back and return to Boot Loop City.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

any known issues? are all the radios current?

also any chance on a bare rom without the added apps or sprint apps
Old 08-26-2010, 11:42 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
any known issues? are all the radios current?

also any chance on a bare rom without the added apps or sprint apps
OMJ keeps his stuff up to the latest and the greatest-no worries.
There are a lot of issues with this ROM though. Mainly you will not be able to put your phone down and you may forget about your friends, family, and your job.
Oh, and the friends you dont forget about will hate you for having a kick arse device that they dont...ESPECIALLY if you choose to associate with any Fruit Phoners though I don't know why you would.

C'mon my Friend you are no n00b, you know you gotta flash to find out. IMO you'll be glad you did.

Not speaking for OMJ but he did let it be known that he is moving so ROM updates may slow down for awhile but his ROM doesnt have a lot to trim down to make it a "bare ROM". Again-flash to find out.
Of course we can remove anything we dont want in there ourselves.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

I have found 0 issues with this ROM. Loving it!! And Sprint apps are not included in the ROM...

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:28 AM
VIP Member

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i saw sprint zone (worst app) and i assumed the worst. tried 2 other roms but so far this is the faster one on boot and less hassle.

i know the only sprit app i like is the navigation
Old 08-27-2010, 12:38 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
i saw sprint zone (worst app) and i assumed the worst. tried 2 other roms but so far this is the faster one on boot and less hassle.

i know the only sprit app i like is the navigation
Welcome
The Sprint Zone is a necessary evil IF you want to contact Sprint via *2.
Any Sprint apk's you may want to add back are at the bottom of Post 2.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:49 AM
VIP Member

how do i verify if the wimax flash worked or not?
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
how do i verify if the wimax flash worked or not?
in adb shell type
wimax_mtd
after it spits code at you scroll back to the top and look within the first 4-5 lines for firmware, current version is 26023
Old 08-27-2010, 01:23 AM
VIP Member

i downloaded the wimix radio version 26023 from teh front page. it says applying image after i select it. than it reboots a couple times but in adb it says i still have -

Check Firwmare Version (4.6.2.2v25641_) ........ 4.6.2.2v25641_

so how do i get it to update wimax is there a special way? same as the baseband right?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development