View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 08:42 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Currently on OMJ 2.2 V3 with netarchy 4.03 and Rips V5 Color N Clear…I have a good nand backup of this to fall back on whenever I’m screwing around with different things…which is often

Problem is I seem prone to the Sprint-4G boot loop issue when I boot/reboot even though I do the consensus pre-flash Factory reset and Dalvik cache 2x each (Amon RA or Clockwork Recovery). It’s happened trying different ROMs, radios, kernels, the ##786# and ##3282# trying to get PRI 1.40 deal, and even often when restoring my nand backup. Even did RA Recovery img again to make sure it wasn’t corrupted.

This issue sure makes each new try of something new a major adventure. Ideas ??

Jim
Weirdness for sure. So how do you recover from the boot loops? Battery pull and then the next boot is ok or does it take a few attempts to get it to go?
It IS a boot LOOP right? Not just a long boot TIME? (Just checking)

You reflashed amon but how? Via ROM Manager? Have you tried flashing amon manually as it's decribed in FastRX8's root tutorial?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
Step 2K or 5Z (same thing)

Looking at all you've done, a common denominator is your SD card. The card itself could be bad or maybe just a rotten file.
If you havent already then back up your card and then reformat with fats32.
Load the card into your device completely blank and reboot. Once the card is prepped by the phone try and test the stability.
If that takes care of the boot loops you're all set but potentially have a rouge file on your card. Be careful with how quickly you put files back onto your card so you dont put a funky one back and return to Boot Loop City.