PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jjbehren is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post

1. you still need to flash the new radios (flash them like you do the rom)

Baseband 2.15.00.07.28 Radio DOWNLOAD
Wimax DOWNLOAD

2. sprint hotspot is a paid subscription threw sprint so if you didnt add that to your bill it will not work ( if you did pay and its not working it might be because you need to flash the new radios)

the .apk you need for hotspot is at the bottom
Thanks and thanked.

Regarding the Hotspot, I was under the impression that we could access the hotspot feature of the phone with full root.

Huh. Oh well. Thanks again.
Old 08-25-2010, 05:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbehren View Post
Thanks and thanked.

Regarding the Hotspot, I was under the impression that we could access the hotspot feature of the phone with full root.

Huh. Oh well. Thanks again.
not the native sprint version.

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!
Pocket PC: Supercharged EVO with 3000mah of boost!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

About to download and flash my first custom rom, im excited!! Currently on the rooted stock 2.2 rom deodexed. My question is , is there a big difference between the odexed and deodexed roms in this thead? Trying to decide which one to go with. I would have easliy chose the deodexed since I am already on a deodexed, but I thought I read in OMJ post in a thread that he was running a odexed rom. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Modding phones and modding Mustangs..
My white Evo with a black battery door is SEXY!!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC r-EVO-lution

juancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good workjuancaperez2000 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanglifemike View Post
About to download and flash my first custom rom, im excited!! Currently on the rooted stock 2.2 rom deodexed. My question is , is there a big difference between the odexed and deodexed roms in this thead? Trying to decide which one to go with. I would have easliy chose the deodexed since I am already on a deodexed, but I thought I read in OMJ post in a thread that he was running a odexed rom. Thanks in advance for any advice.
i heard this if you want to flash differnts themes you need get deodexed and i think that odexed rooms are a little more stable but not sure because im on the same page than you thinking on move to deodexed room
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:37 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

stanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIPstanglifemike is a VIP

OK, well I'm gonna try the deodexed version. I mean, if it isnt stable enough for me, then I'll just switch to the odex version...no biggie. Thanks for the reply
Old 08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juancaperez2000 View Post
i heard this if you want to flash differnts themes you need get deodexed and i think that odexed rooms are a little more stable but not sure because im on the same page than you thinking on move to deodexed room
Welcome to the party stang!
I just covered this topic over in Fast's thread start with post #1662 and read what I told logik.
Basically there is no difference but most mods will require a deodexed ROM.

Quote:
OK, well I'm gonna try the deodexed version. I mean, if it isnt stable enough for me, then I'll just switch to the odex version...no biggie. Thanks for the reply
I've run nothing but OMJ deodexed since he started cooking them and have never had a stability issue. Enjoy.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:09 PM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

^^ Good to know bro!!
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

Just flashed this ROM and it booted up beautifuly!! Then, I figured I would do a hard reset(clear factory data) before setting everything up(habit from my TP2 days) and now it started to boot back up and stuck at the screen that is all white and says "HTC EVO 4G" ..............Help!! what do I do now?

EDIT: Pulled the battery and when re-installed it went right back to the "HTC EVO 4G" screen...then went on through and loaded up...whew, i thought I was screwed for sure..I was reading the first page write-up on "getting stuck on 4G loop" and what to do for that..

Last edited by stanglifemike; 08-26-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:42 AM
boostedbanana is VIP!!

FYI- I went to Recovery with Quick Boot - cleared factory data twice - then wiped cache twice before flashing the ROM...
Old 08-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
FYI- I went to Recovery with Quick Boot - cleared factory data twice - then wiped cache twice before flashing the ROM...
You may have done this but just to be sure--in prepping for a ROM flash do Factory reset 2X's and wipe DALVIK cache 2X's.
When you do a factory reset it wipes CACHE.
Oh, and no need to do factory reset post flash
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development