PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2010, 04:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE
Carrier: Sprint

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.6 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 10/15/10*

Using an older version, it works fine, but Id like to update it. Just a few questions: Apps2SD is still removed? So I cant move my apps to the SD? What about apps that are already on my SD will it still be able to access them?
Old 10-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
Using an older version, it works fine, but Id like to update it. Just a few questions: Apps2SD is still removed? So I cant move my apps to the SD? What about apps that are already on my SD will it still be able to access them?
Apps to SD is native to Froyo. The ability of the app to be moved comes from the apps developer. An app like SD Move will find movable apps for you.
Apps2SD is a program that moves most, if not all apps to the card.
For apps on your card it will depend on whether or not the developer created it to run from the card.
Old 10-16-2010, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Apps to SD is native to Froyo. The ability of the app to be moved comes from the apps developer. An app like SD Move will find movable apps for you.
Apps2SD is a program that moves most, if not all apps to the card.
For apps on your card it will depend on whether or not the developer created it to run from the card.

Ahh gotcha. I think I remember reading about that now. So if Ive only used the native ability to move apps, I should be fine. Pretty sure Ive only used the dev supported one. Thank you
Old 10-16-2010, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Yeah Bro it's all in there.

EDIT-If your a fan of the game I'm sure you know but just in case--Angry Birds Full Version has hit the Market and it's FREE!
Pay version will be out later which will allow for ad removal.
Got it... I love that game.. I have it on my ipod, ipad and EVO... The game is awesome.. I haven't wanted to pay for the iPad HD version yet cuz it's $4.99 I think... I'll wait to see if they drop it in price. For now the ipod version works just fine on the ipad as well.

Got the Sprint Navigation and TV - Thanks
Old 10-16-2010, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Menu/Settings/System Updates

Trying to update may "force" the connection. Worth a shot IMO.
If it doesnt work I'd try one more ROM reflash, wipe cache and dalvik 2X each from amon RA recovery (not Clockwork)
The fact that your issue is occurring across two different ROMs indicates that it most likely is not ROM related imo but something else like your account (hence the update profile suggestion).
Good luck.
Ever since you gave me Calkulin's site, I've been using the Clear Temp flashable zip and it seems to be working good. It's supposed to wipe cache and temp files.. I didn't see any mention of Dalvik but I'm guessing it wipes it as well?
Here is the link you sent me before in case anyone else also wants to get some of Calkulin's mods.. [ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers
Old 10-16-2010, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Menu/Settings/System Updates

Trying to update may "force" the connection. Worth a shot IMO.
If it doesnt work I'd try one more ROM reflash, wipe cache and dalvik 2X each from amon RA recovery (not Clockwork)
The fact that your issue is occurring across two different ROMs indicates that it most likely is not ROM related imo but something else like your account (hence the update profile suggestion).
Good luck.
Here is something I noticed has worked better for me. Specially with my recent Market issues.
After the ROM update
Update PRL first. The update User Profile. That has been taking care of my issues.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
No idea but I see it too. I know someone who fixed it in another ROM. He's making a zip, I'll test it and post it later.
I hadn't noticed a trend, but you guys are right I have been getting FC while using inet browser... I'll try Opera and see if I get the FC. I don't think it has, the problem seams to be with Stock Inet Browser.
Old 10-17-2010, 12:59 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
Ever since you gave me Calkulin's site, I've been using the Clear Temp flashable zip and it seems to be working good. It's supposed to wipe cache and temp files.. I didn't see any mention of Dalvik but I'm guessing it wipes it as well?
Here is the link you sent me before in case anyone else also wants to get some of Calkulin's mods.. [ Mods ] Calkulin's Mods & Fixes for the EVO [ MMS l 5MB l USB Tether and More ] - xda-developers
Not sure, it doesnt *seem* to wipe Dalvik so just in case I wipe it manually after running Calks mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by richarc93 View Post
I hadn't noticed a trend, but you guys are right I have been getting FC while using inet browser... I'll try Opera and see if I get the FC. I don't think it has, the problem seams to be with Stock Inet Browser.
I grabbed a different Browser.apk and installed it and it worked perfectly. I dont know how to write a flashable zip so this will have to do for now.
It needs to go to /sysem/app.
After adb remount
I erased the old Browser .apk the copied and pasted the new one into /system/app with Android Mate.
Browser.apk
(Thanks to Virus for the idea)

Last edited by iknowsquat; 10-17-2010 at 01:54 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 01:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Quote:
I grabbed a different Browser.apk and installed it and it worked perfectly. I dont know how to write a flashable zip so this will have to do for now.
It needs to go to /sysem/app.
After adb remount
I erased the old Browser .apk the copied and pasted the new one into /system/app with Android Mate.
Attachment 78560

Here is the flashable .zip of your Browser.apk file for those who want it. The new .apk seemed to resolve the force close issue for me.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Browser_apk.zip (714.2 KB, 33 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-17-2010, 02:20 AM
Regular 'Geeker

Anyone got a link to Swype Keyboard? I have an old APK file but it doesn't work. The market doesnt sell it (or it's not showing up on my searches)

I'm looking for a good keyboard app. The stock EVO KB is ok.. but the keys are somewhat small. The PPC Kb i'm not too fond of. I've tried Better KB but I didn't like it.

Any suggestions.. ??

PS: Battery life on OMJ 3.6 is AWESOME.. Got rid of King's Kernel#11 and stayed with OMJ's v3.6.... The phone has been unplugged for 17hrs and still have 52% battery remaining. I've used it moderately: 3 MP3 downloads, email reading, few text msgs, couple phone calls, updated market apps, WIFI has been on all day, ... When I had CFS#11 the battery didn't even give me 5hrs under the usage I just described..

Running good..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development