PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 01:56 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: evo 4g
Carrier: sprint

jryanvt is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.6 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 10/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by That0neUser View Post
Here is the flashable .zip of your Browser.apk file for those who want it. The new .apk seemed to resolve the force close issue for me.
thanks for the .zip file, i noticed my browser doing the fc too often these days. do i need to first delete the browser .apk that's on my phone, or will the .zip overwrite it?
Old 10-18-2010, 02:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Any body have any idea on the best way to restore with titanium back up. I have the 3.5 Rom and want to upgrade. I also want to keep to cool theme I have now but I can reinstall that if necessary.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

kingsfan626 is a n00b

Is anyone else having problems with their 4G? The last time I visited Las Vegas I had no issues getting WiMax but this time it keeps Scanning but nothing changes. I tried to reformat and reinstall V3.6 and I tried the zip file also.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Hawaii Tom is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Any body have any idea on the best way to restore with titanium back up. I have the 3.5 Rom and want to upgrade. I also want to keep to cool theme I have now but I can reinstall that if necessary.
I tried an experiment and upgraded from 3.3 to 3.6, wiping all my caches, but not wiping my data. Everything seems absolutely fine. It found everything on the SD card and all settings and preferences were preserved. I then went into Settings and did an upgrade search on PRL and profile. That said, I also restored once from Titanium, and it worked fine. I admit, I was wondering if when I restored after an OS version change, whether I should only have Titanium restore my downloaded apps and not the old OS stuff it had backed up, as well. Anybody know what the correct protocol is?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

That0neUser is keeping up the good workThat0neUser is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryanvt View Post
thanks for the .zip file, i noticed my browser doing the fc too often these days. do i need to first delete the browser .apk that's on my phone, or will the .zip overwrite it?
I wiped dalvik/cache and then flashed the .zip. It will overwrite the original.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
I tried an experiment and upgraded from 3.3 to 3.6, wiping all my caches, but not wiping my data. Everything seems absolutely fine. It found everything on the SD card and all settings and preferences were preserved. I then went into Settings and did an upgrade search on PRL and profile. That said, I also restored once from Titanium, and it worked fine. I admit, I was wondering if when I restored after an OS version change, whether I should only have Titanium restore my downloaded apps and not the old OS stuff it had backed up, as well. Anybody know what the correct protocol is?
There is no protocol only general recommendations.
The bigger the change the more a total wipe is needed.
In the case of 3.5 to 3.6 OMJ switched the base ROM so IMO that calls for a full wipe.
I do full wipes every flash so I reduce the chance of headaches, which I never have
In your example I would've only restored apps with Titanium.
Does that mean you need to start over? Doubt it. If everything continues to run smoothly I'd just call it luck
IF you see any weirdness or performance/batt life changes then I'd consider a re-do.
Hope that helps.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan626 View Post
Is anyone else having problems with their 4G? The last time I visited Las Vegas I had no issues getting WiMax but this time it keeps Scanning but nothing changes. I tried to reformat and reinstall V3.6 and I tried the zip file also.
I haven't had 4G problems in a while. I actually used it right after the upgrade to restore all my info. By the way with Titanium I restored everything and it worked fine.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: sprint *evo
Carrier: metropcs-web&mms

timetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartimetraveler is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
Menu/Settings/System Updates

Trying to update may "force" the connection. Worth a shot IMO.
If it doesnt work I'd try one more ROM reflash, wipe cache and dalvik 2X each from amon RA recovery (not Clockwork)
The fact that your issue is occurring across two different ROMs indicates that it most likely is not ROM related imo but something else like your account (hence the update profile suggestion).
Good luck.

from amon RA recovery (not Clockwork)
how do i choose one or another is there an apk to install or use rom manager ?? will that work??
Old 10-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: hTc EVO

LuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLuckyLui is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Heres the hot restart if anyone wants/needs it its the 4 in 1

Just flash like a rom

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...04&postcount=1

Sent from my phone.. I think Tapatalk???
Old 10-19-2010, 08:09 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.5 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 9/25/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by timetraveler View Post
from amon RA recovery (not Clockwork)
how do i choose one or another is there an apk to install or use rom manager ?? will that work??
While you can flash recovery images manually it's much easier to use ROM Manager. Use the Flash Alternate Recovery option within ROM Manager.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development