View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 05:46 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.6 | FroYo 3.29.651.5 | *Updated 10/15/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii Tom View Post
I tried an experiment and upgraded from 3.3 to 3.6, wiping all my caches, but not wiping my data. Everything seems absolutely fine. It found everything on the SD card and all settings and preferences were preserved. I then went into Settings and did an upgrade search on PRL and profile. That said, I also restored once from Titanium, and it worked fine. I admit, I was wondering if when I restored after an OS version change, whether I should only have Titanium restore my downloaded apps and not the old OS stuff it had backed up, as well. Anybody know what the correct protocol is?
There is no protocol only general recommendations.
The bigger the change the more a total wipe is needed.
In the case of 3.5 to 3.6 OMJ switched the base ROM so IMO that calls for a full wipe.
I do full wipes every flash so I reduce the chance of headaches, which I never have
In your example I would've only restored apps with Titanium.
Does that mean you need to start over? Doubt it. If everything continues to run smoothly I'd just call it luck
IF you see any weirdness or performance/batt life changes then I'd consider a re-do.
Hope that helps.