PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2010, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

jayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good workjayhuffdaddy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

If anyone is using setcpu have you seen that ondemand is not available and only performance and conservative is. I want to set my phone up like others have but I don't know why this option is missing. Only thing I can think of is conservative took over for ondemand setting.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayhuffdaddy View Post
If anyone is using setcpu have you seen that ondemand is not available and only performance and conservative is. I want to set my phone up like others have but I don't know why this option is missing. Only thing I can think of is conservative took over for ondemand setting.
Yes, netarchy did that to get better battery life and still have good performance.
If you're dead set on using ondemand then jump back one kernel version
Old 08-14-2010, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

jeffy2walgreens is a n00b

does this new kernal still change to maximum megapixels to 3? and can you use wifi tethering with it?
Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy2walgreens View Post
does this new kernal still change to maximum megapixels to 3? and can you use wifi tethering with it?
No more camera issues and tether pre7 (and I think pre8 ) work with it
Old 08-14-2010, 08:37 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

nvrnugh is just getting started
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v3.0 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/13/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
no...the PRI update comes from Sprint, I cannot include in the rom
Okay so now I'm lost?? When I checked my settings/about phone/software information it states my PRI is 1.40_003 and PRL 60669?? It's the same as your screen shot on the first page (well you can't see the PRL). It stated this prior to me loading your latest decodex rom. I certainly haven't done any ## get MSL # from sprint thingys. Confused??
Old 08-14-2010, 09:23 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrnugh View Post
Okay so now I'm lost?? When I checked my settings/about phone/software information it states my PRI is 1.40_003 and PRL 60669?? It's the same as your screen shot on the first page (well you can't see the PRL). It stated this prior to me loading your latest decodex rom. I certainly haven't done any ## get MSL # from sprint thingys. Confused??
How did you root?
There's a chance you are not nand unlocked.
Do you have quickboot installed? Use it to boot into bootloader or do it manually by powering off then back on while holding volume down.
What is your hboot version? .76.2 means you are nand unlocked (and a lucky SOB is you have that AND 1.40 PRI) If it is .79 means you are not "fully" rooted.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Can someone break the whole deodexed vs odexed thing down to me in lay-mens terms. I've read the whole article on Wikipedia and everything and still don't see how this would have any advantages for someone like myself. I just want my wifi tether lol. Lately it has not been working right my speeds are really slow. Also does anyone have the link to the regular kernal handy because I'm getting weird freezing issues in OMJs PPCGeeks themed froyo rom. Plus my computer will not find my phone in wifi tether.
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!! TP2 Toughbook CF19 Sprint WWAN
Carrier: SPRINT

morganlowe is keeping up the good workmorganlowe is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
Can someone break the whole deodexed vs odexed thing down to me in lay-mens terms. I've read the whole article on Wikipedia and everything and still don't see how this would have any advantages for someone like myself. I just want my wifi tether lol. Lately it has not been working right my speeds are really slow. Also does anyone have the link to the regular kernal handy because I'm getting weird freezing issues in OMJs PPCGeeks themed froyo rom. Plus my computer will not find my phone in wifi tether.

Odexed is smaller and you cant theme it

Deodexed is a bit larger because you dont have absolute paths to objects in the system, but it also means you can theme it.

Get OMJ's latest, works like a charm for me. I do have PRI 1.40. THIS was posted before, I followed these directions, repeating the ## code part on when it didnt take. Took two tries, then I popped out the battery and held volume down and power, restored my backup to OMJ 3.0 and its one sexy thing!

Ask me about cutting Vinyl Stickers in a PM!
Old 08-14-2010, 10:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
It's a separate deal. The OMJ rom with the screenshot was with OMJ "fixing" his PRI before the rom. No rom will include a pri update.
exactly....if people would only READ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
Hey yall i installed the new deodexed rom i thought the new pri was built in.
I guess not.. i been reading and not to many had luck updating the pri.

Im going to give it a shot but how do i get the msl #???

If I had the capability to include PRI, I would specifically state so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by brybo86 View Post
That's not what i meant. I had omj v2.1 stock kernal on my phone, did ##786# msl hard reset, and got PRI updated on 5th try, then flashed v3.0.

My wife's phone is already at omj v3.0, and i am trying to ##786# msl hard reset to get PRI, has anyone else been successful with this?
v3.0 is not a huge update, but you could try flashing the rooted stock froyo rom w/ has the stock kernel....

8/13 Updates v3.0

-Added Sprint Promotion
-Fixed EPST
-Updated to Netarchys Kernel 4.0.3a
-Updated Wifi Tether to 2.0.5_pre7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
besides a background, I take it a theme is different icon and such that make up the theme. I have looked a at some themes but have not seen what the difference is from the odexed or deodexed roms. Would OMJ's PPCG rom be a theme'd rom... he has that as a odexed and deodexed ROM.

Sorry guys just trying to figure this all out...

thanks...tannerj
a theme is not just a background....really when I set the default background it has nothing to do w/ a theme. a theme changes icons, colors, etc in the whole system

Quote:
Originally Posted by iknowsquat View Post
No the PPCG version is just a wallpaper and a themed kb

Themes vary widely, icons, colors, taskbar mods.
konikub and riptide have some great looking stuff.
konikub has some issues atm but look at riptides thread
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=727117

Like vegas said odex is stock, deodexed looks the same from OMJ but lets YOU add the themes.
Sometimes OMJ releases a themed ROM but he hasnt released a Froyo one yet
just to clarify something.....the PPCG wallpaper will now be my default wallpaper, along w/ the addition of the PPCG keyboard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvrnugh View Post
I guess u got lucky or Sprint is somehow updating w/o you going through the process everyone else is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannerj View Post
Is there a major difference in speed or performance between odex and deodexed. I have tried the reading about these 2 different rom, but I have not found clear guidance on what the different is. I see that deodexed rom allows themes to be added and that odex is suppose to be faster. I have not see anything that show the difference in speed.

Is there a noticeable different in speed with odex over deodexed roms.

If anyone could help me I would greatly appreciate it. tannerj
Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
I'm no expert on deodexing, personally I use odexed unless I'm running a theme, but I'm loving the PPCG wallpaper so I'm good w/ that on odex.

Quote:
OMJ, are you overclocking your latest rom? If so, what settings are you using?
no, but the custom kernel does have some tweaks
Old 08-14-2010, 10:28 AM
DavidMMorley

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

+1 on getting MSL from sprint with a single call, no questions asked from them.

on try 12 with the stock rom, ## thing, still not getting 1.40..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development