bigdaddie
PPCGeeks Regular

bigdaddie is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v2.1 | FroYo 3.26.651.6 | *Updated 8/3/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddie View Post
I'm having a issue with the location services on the newer builds. Namely, the weather location. I tried a build dated 7/26 and the location services work fine. Anything after that though, and the location shows up as a city 130 miles away from me. My other 2 EVOs are non rooted and work fine with the update. I also tried the Sprint lovers ROM and the location is not working with it either.

When I pull up Maps, it also initially shows me 130mi from my current location until the GPS gets a good fix.
This happens with all the current ROMS unless I go back to a version like 1.9. I even wiped all the data from the phone and did a clean install. Same result. The only thing I can think of is it has something to do with the phone being Rooted. Sprint is sending me a new phone. We'll see if that fixes it. I'm guessing it has something to do with the combination of my location and Root.... Driving me crazy though.

BD