PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 12:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

knives of ice is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkc90 View Post
In trying to download this update

OMJ EVO 2.1 Eclair v1.6r
Includes radio 2.05.00.06.10
(thx Neotelos_com for the radio)

But when i click download it opens a new tab and it says page cannot be found
if you are using your android browser on your phone it won't connect because it is an FTP site. you can upgrade and download correctly through rom manager.

that being said i hope we get more instructions on how exactly to upgrade this new rom and if all the problems are fixed, if 4g is enabled just be installing the rom that includes the radio.
Old 06-30-2010, 12:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
if you are using your android browser on your phone it won't connect because it is an FTP site. you can upgrade and download correctly through rom manager.

that being said i hope we get more instructions on how exactly to upgrade this new rom and if all the problems are fixed, if 4g is enabled just be installing the rom that includes the radio.
If you're trying to install it from the handset, I ended up copying the link and pasting it into DroidFTP (got it from the market)

I set up a new shortcut:
Name: OMJ
Host: up.ppcgeeks.com
Port: 21
user: anonymous
pass: (your email)
BaseDir: /EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs

CLICK SAVE then connect. So you don't have to enter this information everytime you want to download a new ROM. long press the file you want to download, then download.

For some reason ROM Manager is grayed out for me and I can't download any ROMs, but I've been able to reboot into recovery, which is what I really care to do anyways....hence DroidFTP is utilized for all my ROM downloads. I hope this helps others...unless i'm the only one that can't use ROM Manager to download the ROMs...in that case, i feel like an idiot lol

Last edited by hindjew; 06-30-2010 at 01:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

anfjc06 is just getting started
Question Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

If i flash this new rom and wimax and nand protection gets blocked.... will a nandback up restore the full root?? will a nand backup even be possible?
Old 06-30-2010, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

cerchiarax is keeping up the good workcerchiarax is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; PC36100 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Hi guys,

I have restored omj roms already on my evo without issue. However I had a issue restoring roms with the radio included. Im just wondering if im doing something wrong and if the steps are different. Will rom manager just work and execute rom from the zip located on the sd card.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Took the jump this afternoon and flashed the new 1.6r (from 1.4r)... What a difference! The new radio is great for me. I could only get 800k dl using tether before (no 4g here), now I am getting 1.8mb to 2.2mb dl speeds. The screen is snapier than before but the dl speeds is what makes me very happy. Thanks OMJ You Rock!!!
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

Last edited by Riptide9; 06-30-2010 at 04:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

09busa is a n00b

I am worried about making the jump from OMJ 1.5 with radio update to OMJ 1.6r.

The update from 1.4 to 1.5 was the smoothest thing ever. If I just use the 1.6r will it be as smooth or will I kill me phone? Thanks in advance. Still learning all this good stuff.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by anfjc06 View Post
If i flash this new rom and wimax and nand protection gets blocked.... will a nandback up restore the full root?? will a nand backup even be possible?
IF NAND gets relocked you'll need to redo Part II.
That being said if the latest OTA is messing with NAND it's very slight. The only evidence I see is the ability to write to /system. Not saying its lost I just haven't made it happen yet on 1.6r.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerchiarax View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; PC36100 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Hi guys,

I have restored omj roms already on my evo without issue. However I had a issue restoring roms with the radio included. Im just wondering if im doing something wrong and if the steps are different. Will rom manager just work and execute rom from the zip located on the sd card.
NAND doesnt touch the radio. When you backup you just backup the ROM. OMJ "includes" it but its still a separate entity. Gets installed separately and is not backed up by NAND.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09busa View Post
I am worried about making the jump from OMJ 1.5 with radio update to OMJ 1.6r.

The update from 1.4 to 1.5 was the smoothest thing ever. If I just use the 1.6r will it be as smooth or will I kill me phone? Thanks in advance. Still learning all this good stuff.
Yes it will kill your phone! Don't do it!

Lol j/k

Read back from the 1.6r download post last night forward to see if 1.6r is for you.
I'm lovin it!
Old 06-30-2010, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: sprint

varunb007 is keeping up the good workvarunb007 is keeping up the good work

can i update from omj 1.5 without update to omj 1.6r without any intermediate steps? (ie no flash to 1.47 radio)
Old 06-30-2010, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

prjkthack is a n00b

I just installed the latest OMJ 1.6r, and I'm testing the various radios on my phone. Wi-Fi is working just fine, 3G data is working just fine, and 4G appears to be working just fine as well.

I did not install the updated WiMax radio.

Everything appears to be in order. Going to continue to test it and tweak the phone to see what I can get out of it.

- It does look like I have lost NAND, but still have root at least.

Last edited by prjkthack; 06-30-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

when I get a change I'll respond to some of the questions....but it sounds like there is still issues w/ 4g on the 1.47.651.1 ROM (v1.6). Like I said b4 I am running fine but I'm not in a 4g area.....if you need 4g or just want to wait for this mess to clear up.....stick to v1.5, I will re-add it back to post #1.

here's a little tid bit I found...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=714846

I followed the steps & had Firmware Version (4.6.2.2_v24722) WTH? lol. I'm going to reflash the wimax update & try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neotelos_com;
I'm going to start off by assuming you have adb and root access.
adb is from the Android SDK, and there are many guides on how to use it.

Go into "adb shell" and type "su", your phone's screen will ask for root permission, just accept.

Now type "wimax_mtd", this will bring up alot of info, scroll up to the top.

You will see alot of info, so here's a breakdown...

If you see "Dev MAC = 00:16:08:00", there is no fix yet. The unrevoked team is working on it.

If you see:
  • Firmware Version (4.6.2.2v25641): You have the 1.47.651.1 wimax
  • Firmware Version (4.6.2.2v25043): You have the 1.32.651.6 wimax
  • Firmware Version (4.6.2.2_v24722): You may have toasts old wimax or another older release

If anyone else can help me grab a list of versions, that would be great.

Here's info on getting DamageControl 3.2.2.1 working
, it has been verified by some helping me out.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development