hindjew
PPCGeeks Regular

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by knives of ice View Post
if you are using your android browser on your phone it won't connect because it is an FTP site. you can upgrade and download correctly through rom manager.

that being said i hope we get more instructions on how exactly to upgrade this new rom and if all the problems are fixed, if 4g is enabled just be installing the rom that includes the radio.
If you're trying to install it from the handset, I ended up copying the link and pasting it into DroidFTP (got it from the market)

I set up a new shortcut:
Name: OMJ
Host: up.ppcgeeks.com
Port: 21
user: anonymous
pass: (your email)
BaseDir: /EVO/Users/OMJ/ROMs

CLICK SAVE then connect. So you don't have to enter this information everytime you want to download a new ROM. long press the file you want to download, then download.

For some reason ROM Manager is grayed out for me and I can't download any ROMs, but I've been able to reboot into recovery, which is what I really care to do anyways....hence DroidFTP is utilized for all my ROM downloads. I hope this helps others...unless i'm the only one that can't use ROM Manager to download the ROMs...in that case, i feel like an idiot lol

Last edited by hindjew; 06-30-2010 at 01:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.