PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 07:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
OMJ
U cooking ?
Maybe BBQ since he's on vaycay

He said he'll be dropping some fresh ROMs when he gets back so for now we gots to chill
Old 07-08-2010, 02:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Maybe BBQ since he's on vaycay

He said he'll be dropping some fresh ROMs when he gets back so for now we gots to chill
kool i like my roms rare with a light dry rub

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."

Old 07-08-2010, 04:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Evo

wrxyboy is a n00b

sorry for the noob question but how do you know if the wimax update was applied. Also if it was not applied how do you apply it. Thanks
Old 07-08-2010, 08:26 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrxyboy View Post
sorry for the noob question but how do you know if the wimax update was applied. Also if it was not applied how do you apply it. Thanks
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=930

Check OMJs post on how to verify.
How did you try to apply it?
As long as you didnt break your mac address whitslacks method should help if you need to reapply it.
Its in my sig, scroll back a bit if my sig isnt on this post.
Old 07-08-2010, 09:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

So my 4G coverage isn't very good maybe my 4G wasn't broken on my first replacement device at all.maybe with the advent of so many additional devices on the 4G network my already small and iffy coverage area is getting even smaller. After I flashed the radio on to this 1.6 ROM all is working fine.maybe its just me but I still don't think this device holds a signal as well as my first.but everything is working fine so on to the next ROM
Old 07-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Hey I'm on 1.5 and I'm still getting the unable to read sd error for pics, and it goes away when I reboot.. But comes back.. The booting into recovery didn't work

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-08-2010, 06:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Hey I'm on 1.5 and I'm still getting the unable to read sd error for pics, and it goes away when I reboot.. But comes back.. The booting into recovery didn't work

This happened to me yesterday too. I'm on version 1.32 though.
Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
This happened to me yesterday too. I'm on version 1.32 though.
Did you try reformatting your card?

I've read that files within our Albums can get corrupted rendering the card Read only. It has something to do with closing Album too early while the pics are still rendering (dont hold me to that-I can't find the exact info atm)

If you reformatted but put the corrupted files back on to the card that could explain why it keeps happening.

You could try this. With your phone set to Charge only and USB debugging enabled in adb shell type:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard

that will make your sd card writable. Same issue may keep occurring though if you have corrupted files.
After you reformat or use adb-as a test leave your current pics and vids off of your card and see if the issue continues.

Good luck.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you try reformatting your card?

I've read that files within our Albums can get corrupted rendering the card Read only. It has something to do with closing Album too early while the pics are still rendering (dont hold me to that-I can't find the exact info atm)

If you reformatted but put the corrupted files back on to the card that could explain why it keeps happening.

You could try this. With your phone set to Charge only and USB debugging enabled in adb shell type:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard

that will make your sd card writable. Same issue may keep occurring though if you have corrupted files.
After you reformat or use adb-as a test leave your current pics and vids off of your card and see if the issue continues.

Good luck.
No, I never reformatted my card. It's the card that came with the phone. I've been using it since I bought my phone on launch day, and it never did this until yesterday (or the day before, can't remember now, lol). Anyway, after I rebooted the phone it fixed it. I haven't used the camera since then, so it might come back next time I try to take a few pictures though.

It was weird though... I got some error that I didn't have permission to write to the SD card so I couldn't take pictures, or something like that, and then the camera started making some weird clicking sound when I backed out of the camera app.

After a reboot the SD error was gone, but I still got the clicking sound on the camera app if I went into it and backed out a few times. Several reboots later, I haven't got the clicking sound again. Hopefully it won't come back...
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
No, I never reformatted my card. It's the card that came with the phone. I've been using it since I bought my phone on launch day, and it never did this until yesterday (or the day before, can't remember now, lol). Anyway, after I rebooted the phone it fixed it. I haven't used the camera since then, so it might come back next time I try to take a few pictures though.

It was weird though... I got some error that I didn't have permission to write to the SD card so I couldn't take pictures, or something like that, and then the camera started making some weird clicking sound when I backed out of the camera app.

After a reboot the SD error was gone, but I still got the clicking sound on the camera app if I went into it and backed out a few times. Several reboots later, I haven't got the clicking sound again. Hopefully it won't come back...
I was suggesting reformatting as a solution, not a cause

That's some weird behavior (clicking sounds) for sure but you are describing what I said-your card being 'read only' and the device is unable to write to it.
Not sure how/why reboots are a temporary fix.

So my suggestion remains-take your photos and vids off of the card for a day or two and either reformat your card or use the adb command to make your card writable. If the problem continues a wipe and reflash maybe in order, if not then add your pics and vids back slowly and see if something triggers the issue.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development