View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 12:07 AM
BlackDynamite
VIP Member

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Did you try reformatting your card?

I've read that files within our Albums can get corrupted rendering the card Read only. It has something to do with closing Album too early while the pics are still rendering (dont hold me to that-I can't find the exact info atm)

If you reformatted but put the corrupted files back on to the card that could explain why it keeps happening.

You could try this. With your phone set to Charge only and USB debugging enabled in adb shell type:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard

that will make your sd card writable. Same issue may keep occurring though if you have corrupted files.
After you reformat or use adb-as a test leave your current pics and vids off of your card and see if the issue continues.

Good luck.
No, I never reformatted my card. It's the card that came with the phone. I've been using it since I bought my phone on launch day, and it never did this until yesterday (or the day before, can't remember now, lol). Anyway, after I rebooted the phone it fixed it. I haven't used the camera since then, so it might come back next time I try to take a few pictures though.

It was weird though... I got some error that I didn't have permission to write to the SD card so I couldn't take pictures, or something like that, and then the camera started making some weird clicking sound when I backed out of the camera app.

After a reboot the SD error was gone, but I still got the clicking sound on the camera app if I went into it and backed out a few times. Several reboots later, I haven't got the clicking sound again. Hopefully it won't come back...