View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
No, I never reformatted my card. It's the card that came with the phone. I've been using it since I bought my phone on launch day, and it never did this until yesterday (or the day before, can't remember now, lol). Anyway, after I rebooted the phone it fixed it. I haven't used the camera since then, so it might come back next time I try to take a few pictures though.

It was weird though... I got some error that I didn't have permission to write to the SD card so I couldn't take pictures, or something like that, and then the camera started making some weird clicking sound when I backed out of the camera app.

After a reboot the SD error was gone, but I still got the clicking sound on the camera app if I went into it and backed out a few times. Several reboots later, I haven't got the clicking sound again. Hopefully it won't come back...
I was suggesting reformatting as a solution, not a cause

That's some weird behavior (clicking sounds) for sure but you are describing what I said-your card being 'read only' and the device is unable to write to it.
Not sure how/why reboots are a temporary fix.

So my suggestion remains-take your photos and vids off of the card for a day or two and either reformat your card or use the adb command to make your card writable. If the problem continues a wipe and reflash maybe in order, if not then add your pics and vids back slowly and see if something triggers the issue.