View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 10:36 PM
iknowsquat
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Hey I'm on 1.5 and I'm still getting the unable to read sd error for pics, and it goes away when I reboot.. But comes back.. The booting into recovery didn't work

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
This happened to me yesterday too. I'm on version 1.32 though.
Did you try reformatting your card?

I've read that files within our Albums can get corrupted rendering the card Read only. It has something to do with closing Album too early while the pics are still rendering (dont hold me to that-I can't find the exact info atm)

If you reformatted but put the corrupted files back on to the card that could explain why it keeps happening.

You could try this. With your phone set to Charge only and USB debugging enabled in adb shell type:

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard

that will make your sd card writable. Same issue may keep occurring though if you have corrupted files.
After you reformat or use adb-as a test leave your current pics and vids off of your card and see if the issue continues.

Good luck.