PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 12:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz88 View Post
SO what EXACTLy are the problems with 1.6r? just the broken wimax?
None.
Trying to update wimax broke 4G for some users.
There are a few different fixes available, I've posted one numerous times, just read back a few posts.
If you are happy with your current ROM version you may want to stay there and wait for OMJ to get back from vacay and hit us with his latest offering.
Old 07-07-2010, 01:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

stparker38 is a n00b

Any fixes on the horizon for the 4g? I didn't even notice that 4g didn't work until I read this... I already have this ROM and am getting better battery life and performance. I hadn't noticed because the internet is still fast. I hate having functions of the phone not working, however...so that's why I'm asking about a 4g fix. Also, other than people bricking their phones with the OTA, has 4g been a issue with this upgrade altogether?
Old 07-07-2010, 01:56 AM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by stparker38 View Post
Any fixes on the horizon for the 4g? I didn't even notice that 4g didn't work until I read this... I already have this ROM and am getting better battery life and performance. I hadn't noticed because the internet is still fast. I hate having functions of the phone not working, however...so that's why I'm asking about a 4g fix. Also, other than people bricking their phones with the OTA, has 4g been a issue with this upgrade altogether?
How far back have you read? I know the thread is large but we've been discussing the issue for a while now.
There are a number of 4G fixes floating around.
The one that I have seen the most positive feedback on is this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

OMJ now has the source kernel which should fix 4G from his end as well as make a lot more improvements to the ROM.
He's on vacation and said he'll be dropping a new release when he gets back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-07-2010, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
How far back have you read? I know the thread is large but we've been discussing the issue for a while now.
There are a number of 4G fixes floating around.
The one that I have seen the most positive feedback on is this one:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915

OMJ now has the source kernel which should fix 4G from his end as well as make a lot more improvements to the ROM.
He's on vacation and said he'll be dropping a new release when he gets back.
Dude I just wanted to say thanks, you have been seriously helping out all our users on this thread, and every time I check back I see you, helping someone. You are an inspiration to be nice, thanks
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 07-07-2010, 06:49 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Dude I just wanted to say thanks, you have been seriously helping out all our users on this thread, and every time I check back I see you, helping someone. You are an inspiration to be nice, thanks
Noticed that as well, I'll put winmonewbie to the test later this week when I actually start playing with my EVO...

@ winmonewbie, Great to see you helping out so many! We need more geeks like you!

Old 07-07-2010, 07:39 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

rlmurray is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Weird, we are identical except for that.
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw 0 0
tmpfs /sqlite_stmt_journals tmpfs rw,size=4096k 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock4 /system yaffs2 ro 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock6 /data yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
/dev/block/mtdblock5 /cache yaffs2 rw,nosuid,nodev 0 0
tmpfs /app-cache tmpfs rw,size=8192k 0 0
/dev/block//vold/179:1 /sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid
1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepa ge=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,
hortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
#

How is your phone connected? Charge only with USB debugging selected?
It appears adb cant see your card which makes me wonder if that could be it?
You already reformatted in FATS32 correct?
If that isnt it PM me and we'll see what else we can hash out.
Put my stock 8 gig card back in and called Amazon for the refund or replacement. Beware of resellers through Amazon. I can definitely chalk this up to the card. I did the same file transfers on the 8 gig card and had no issues at any time. the 32 gig card kept getting a cyclical redundancy check and i had to reformat from the phone. After all day of troubleshooting I'm going to have to say the card is damaged or defective. I might have been the first to buy thought the reseller. So far they has 1 negative review about faulty products. (reliable-mobile) not reliable indeed. At least Amazon back up there resellers and can file a claim if the reseller does not address and resolve the issue. The one saving grace.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:41 AM
N00b

rlmurray is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Noticed that as well, I'll put winmonewbie to the test later this week when I actually start playing with my EVO...

@ winmonewbie, Great to see you helping out so many! We need more geeks like you!
Agreed. You are really teaching us how to fish so we can eat for a lifetime.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:30 AM
Retired Staff

Wow you guys are too kind.
This community rocks and has taught me so much I'm just paying it back. I really enjoy learning and then helping others out.
Thanks to OMJ for letting us get even more enjoyment out of our killer devices.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker

litlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stufflitlepyro knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post

+1. Thank you winmonewbie!!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl

OMJ
U cooking ?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development