PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2010, 03:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

Karl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIPKarl is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Karl Send a message via Yahoo to Karl Send a message via Skype™ to Karl
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

how long does the firmware update take?

and tether not work?
and hen i try to load super user its just a black screen

Last edited by Karl; 06-23-2010 at 03:33 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 07:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro II
Carrier: US Cellular

smopoim86 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to smopoim86 Send a message via MSN to smopoim86 Send a message via Yahoo to smopoim86 Send a message via Skype™ to smopoim86

the sprint apk files will not download. I figured I'd at least try the sprint apps. Other than that one complaint everything seems to be functional.

Dang I'm liking this phone.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:11 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smopoim86 View Post
the sprint apk files will not download. I figured I'd at least try the sprint apps. Other than that one complaint everything seems to be functional.

Dang I'm liking this phone.
Hi, I just downloaded the zip file. Also, you need to extract them to get to the apks. Let me know if you need one specifically.

Last edited by Riley; 06-23-2010 at 09:16 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond
Carrier: Sprint

Schwarttzy is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well I flashed several times trying to get wifi tether to work out of the gate, but it would not...I even rebuilt the kitchen. I can though, uninstall & manually re-install ok.

in the process, here are some updates for next rom:

-removed bootup sounds
-updated to latest google maps
-updated to latest rom manager
-changed default internet homepage
-added PPCGEEKS bookmark
-removed sprint hotspot

I think that's it for now, I'm sure there will be more to come
Dude I have your newest rom and WIFI tether works fine on my cell.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:17 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlE View Post
how long does the firmware update take?

and tether not work?
and hen i try to load super user its just a black screen
You don't need a firmware update, OMJ has it up to date.
Some users need to uninstall/reinstall WiFi tether-it's in the Market.
Superuser would be blank until you start running and giving permission to apps that need SU permission.
Old 06-23-2010, 11:19 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
well I flashed several times trying to get wifi tether to work out of the gate, but it would not...I even rebuilt the kitchen. I can though, uninstall & manually re-install ok.

in the process, here are some updates for next rom:

-removed bootup sounds
-updated to latest google maps
-updated to latest rom manager
-changed default internet homepage
-added PPCGEEKS bookmark
-removed sprint hotspot

I think that's it for now, I'm sure there will be more to come
Not that it's too hard to do by ourselves, but will you also be adding Wireless N support? Just a thought. If only 2.2 would just release itself already! There aren't enough builds coming out constantly like WM. lol. Although I am very happy at the fact that there are very few bugs in Android.
Old 06-23-2010, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

SunnyGeek is just getting started

Lots of information that makes it easy for people who've never done this type of stuff before. When I get more time I think I'm going to completely wipe my phone and start all over from the beginning. Been having some software issues.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Hey for some reason now I can't get my phone to sync with HTC sync, it keeps saying it cannot find it on my computer... But it's open..
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Hey for some reason now I can't get my phone to sync with HTC sync, it keeps saying it cannot find it on my computer... But it's open..
It's not ROM related, HTC Sync is hit or miss. Make sure you are on the latest version and try uninstall, reboot PC, install. I've read that works. Personally I don't use it.
Old 06-23-2010, 04:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G - TP2

Riptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIPRiptide9 is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Riptide9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerathalis View Post
I went back to stock because I just got through SD and USB bricking the device and figured it was time to ask questions and figure out what I did before I ended up with a real brick. That and if it flaked out in a hardware way it would have been easier to return.

I was looking for 1.4 by going to Settings -> About Phone -> Software Information -> Software number

It kept showing Software Number: 1.32.651.6 OMJ

I expected that to reflect the 1.4 numbering. Either way something went wrong following those instructions.

-

Do you know of a post that describes what the nand is or talks about the flash_image / recovery.img / and adb are? I'm trying to wrap my head around what goes where, what its responsible for etc to figure out why I bricked it so I can avoid future mistakes.

Would it be wise to follow the instructions on http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714 . I'm trying to figure out the best way to get OMJ 1.4 up and have the rom manager software working so updating is a snap.

LOL, I was up til 3am last night... took me 3 hrs before I found out about the SD and USB brick (it was feaking me out) then another hour fixing it and 2 hours getting back to where I was. I am not sure how I did it, I am just glad there was a way to fix it.

BTW - If your SD card says its not connected and your USB connection all of a sudden quits working here is the link to fix it.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=695243
Hit the Thanks! or your phone will turn into an iPhone and all the other kids will point and laugh at you!

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development