PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Then I wont get push on my gmail accounts. I love push! No need for my phone to needlessly poll the server. My battery will drain faster with imap as opposed to gmail app.
Riiiiight, didn't think of Push. Hopefully manually restoring gmail after the batch run will help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johntiger View Post
What should I do what should I do? I just got yet another EVO I know the people at Sprint hate me. This one unfortunately already had all the updates on it. So I wen on XDA and when threw the simple process of rooting this device so what should I do as far as a ROM. Should I try to use this fine OMJ ROM or should I just use Titanium backup and restore all of my missing apps, Leaving all the Sprint garbage on there
So, you still havent learned your lesson?

It's YOUR call Sir.
But since you asked, I'd be patient, enjoy your awesome device with whatever OMJ version didn't give you fits, and wait for the next OMJ ROM based on the kernel source.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-06-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ekt8750 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
...and wait for the next OMJ ROM based on the kernel source.
Hopefully that will come soon enough. I'm still running 1.5 with the older radio and wimax cause the new stuff breaks 4G on my phone and none of the "solutions" seem to work. Rolling back got my 4G back though and I'm happy with that til the kernel based update comes out.
Old 07-06-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
Hopefully that will come soon enough. I'm still running 1.5 with the older radio and wimax cause the new stuff breaks 4G on my phone and none of the "solutions" seem to work. Rolling back got my 4G back though and I'm happy with that til the kernel based update comes out.
So quick question you did 1.5 then did the WiMax thing and all is working for you? and does anyone know where a good link to the recovery.img is I can't find one and the one on XDA is broke
Old 07-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Retired Staff

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
So quick question you did 1.5 then did the WiMax thing and all is working for you? and does anyone know where a good link to the recovery.img is I can't find one and the one on XDA is broke
Yes, I was on 1.5 (not that it matters) and then followed the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915
I think you tried this?
If you need a recovery image grab the one in FastRX8's thread,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
its in the Full root Files zip.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Yes, I was on 1.5 (not that it matters) and then followed the instructions here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715915
I think you tried this?
If you need a recovery image grab the one in FastRX8's thread,
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=123714
its in the Full root Files zip.
Yep sure did hmmmm I don't know what's up. Well I don't know I'm starting to think that the newer EVOs don't catch a signal as well as the old ones because even stock I was only able to briefly get a 4G signal.
Old 07-06-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker

Quote:
I flashed up to 1.6 and installed the radio and wimax and found that my 4G broke. I tried all of the different fixes out there with no success so I flashed back to 1.5 and flashed the old .6 radio and the wimax that went with it with no problem. I've done it a couple of times but had to do a full wipe last time I did it cause a few things started acting funny.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekt8750 View Post
I flashed up to 1.6 and installed the radio and wimax and found that my 4G broke. I tried all of the different fixes out there with no success so I flashed back to 1.5 and flashed the old .6 radio and the wimax that went with it with no problem. I've done it a couple of times but had to do a full wipe last time I did it cause a few things started acting funny.
So where did you find the .6 radio
Old 07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
N00b

rlmurray is just getting started

[QUOTE=winmonewbie;1852629]For Super User are you clicking Allow on your phone after you type su?

Thanks for taking up the help when OMJ is on vaca. Doing a real good job putting out the many fires.
I was able to type su today and to get root in adb today but now I'm facing a different problem.
I spoke to soon. After getting the 99$ sandisk class (2) 32 gig micro SD card I come to find out that the dcim folder on the card i copied in windows from my old stock 8 gig card has read only file permissions.
Now when I launch the cam or camera i get the following errors in the GUI:
"an error was encountered on your SD card"
"unable to save file to SD card due to insufficient file permissions"
Also there is an indicator saying the card is mounted read only.
Here are my software stats. I gave the wrong information to you earlier.
Have to reiterate with this combination I do get 4g.
firmware version : 2.1-update1
baseband version: 1.36.00.04.02
Kernel version: 2.6.29-789bf291 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys
software number 147.651.1 OMJ v1.6
pri version 1.34_003
Thanks again for any insight or help. I'm hoping that i don't have to do toasts part 2 over again since i think I have root since in adb I can type su and get to it.
Probably an easy fix but I have not been successful so far.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:35 PM
Lurker

Quote:
There's a thread on the xda forum that has all the radios and all the wimax drivers made so far for the EVO:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=715485

Each radio matches up with each wimax driver. You can mix and match (YMMV of course) depending the on the ROM you're using. OMJ's 1.5 seems to the most flexible with radios and wimax. Up until the other day I had 1.5 working with the current 2.00 radio and the wimax driver of the previous build and everything worked very well. That was until location stopped working and the HTC weather app got stuck in one town and would never update to the proper town. I eventually wiped the phone and restored the os, radio and wimax to 1.5's standards.
Old 07-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
EDIT **Nevermind, I was too slow **

[QUOTE=rlmurray;1853793]
Quote:
For Super User are you clicking Allow on your phone after you type su?

Thanks for taking up the help when OMJ is on vaca. Doing a real good job putting out the many fires.
I was able to type su today and to get root in adb today but now I'm facing a different problem.
I spoke to soon. After getting the 99$ sandisk class (2) 32 gig micro SD card I come to find out that the dcim folder on the card i copied in windows from my old stock 8 gig card has read only file permissions.
Now when I launch the cam or camera i get the following errors in the GUI:
"an error was encountered on your SD card"
"unable to save file to SD card due to insufficient file permissions"
Also there is an indicator saying the card is mounted read only.
Here are my software stats. I gave the wrong information to you earlier.
Have to reiterate with this combination I do get 4g.
firmware version : 2.1-update1
baseband version: 1.36.00.04.02
Kernel version: 2.6.29-789bf291 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build number 1.47.651.1 CL195459 release-keys
software number 147.651.1 OMJ v1.6
pri version 1.34_003
Thanks again for any insight or help. I'm hoping that i don't have to do toasts part 2 over again since i think I have root since in adb I can type su and get to it.
Probably an easy fix but I have not been successful so far.
Happy to help.

As long as you are at # try typing:
mount -o rw,remount -t yaffs2 /sdcard

The code should just repeat itself.
This should set your card to writable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development