PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2010, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

Ok I tried again and no luck oh well time for a new EVO who cares if this one is only 4 days old. What else will I try one other question what option under Titanium do I use when I do the restore.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Before you hit Run the Batch Operation scroll through down to where Gmail is and make sure the Gmail settings are checked.
If they are then I dont know why they are not being restored upon the new flash
I will say that for me Mail 2.00 does NOT get restored via the batch operation.
I just restore all the rest and then go and restore Mail manually. Works fine then.
That may work for you for Gmail.
will try that on my next restore sir
Old 07-06-2010, 03:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul-touch pro-touch pro 2- HTC Evo!!!!!

mkc90 is keeping up the good workmkc90 is keeping up the good work

Hi yall i have a question.

The bottons from the evo light up but they dnt turn off while is in the light why is that?

I been using this rom but after installing the new update 6/30 i heen having this issue ..

Is somebody else having this issue please help.
Old 07-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DJMJ is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by radar369 View Post
I'm still on version 1.5 and I can confirm that picture and video mail does not work! Anybody else having this issue?!
I'm still on version 1.5 also. I can receive picture and video mail, BUT cannot send. I have tried multiple times with different size files and still will not work...

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the Sprint FOTA updates? I obviously just click CANCEL, but would rather not be seeing them.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:00 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMJ View Post
I'm still on version 1.5 also. I can receive picture and video mail, BUT cannot send. I have tried multiple times with different size files and still will not work...

Can anyone tell me how to turn off the Sprint FOTA updates? I obviously just click CANCEL, but would rather not be seeing them.
I can't send video mail for sure. I have tried several and nobody ever receives them. I don't know about picture mail though, I'll have to check on that. I just assumed it didn't work since I knew for sure video mail didn't work.

I'd like to turn that automatically look for updates thing off too if anyone knows how. That would probably be a good thing to cook into the next ROM. I am pretty sure nobody with a cooked ROM wants to be installing Sprint's automatic updates, so we should just remove that feature entirely from the ROM...
Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

goto settings - system updates - HTc software update and then uncheck look for update automatically, then back out or just hit the home key.

hope this helps
Old 07-06-2010, 10:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Before you hit Run the Batch Operation scroll through down to where Gmail is and make sure the Gmail settings are checked.
If they are then I dont know why they are not being restored upon the new flash
I will say that for me Mail 2.00 does NOT get restored via the batch operation.
I just restore all the rest and then go and restore Mail manually. Works fine then.
That may work for you for Gmail.
Ok I just peeked at Titanium backup - it has Gmail 1.3 checked as well as Gmail Storage 2.1-update1 checked. As far as mail is concerned, it restores it in it's entirety. For my mail i have the following checked: Mail 2.00 & Mail widget 2.1-update1.

Between the two mail programs, I'de rather re enter Gmail, even though I have 4 Gmail accounts vs 2 mail accounts, i prefer not manually entering all the imap and activesync settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
goto settings - system updates - HTc software update and then uncheck look for update automatically, then back out or just hit the home key.

hope this helps
Awesome, thanks!
Old 07-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
Ok I just peeked at Titanium backup - it has Gmail 1.3 checked as well as Gmail Storage 2.1-update1 checked. As far as mail is concerned, it restores it in it's entirety. For my mail i have the following checked: Mail 2.00 & Mail widget 2.1-update1.

Between the two mail programs, I'de rather re enter Gmail, even though I have 4 Gmail accounts vs 2 mail accounts, i prefer not manually entering all the imap and activesync settings
What you could do is have one gmail account linked to the phone and then run the rest through the mail app. That way the other three would get backed up by Mail 2.0 in Ti and you'd only have to re-enter one account. That's how I roll
Old 07-06-2010, 01:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
What you could do is have one gmail account linked to the phone and then run the rest through the mail app. That way the other three would get backed up by Mail 2.0 in Ti and you'd only have to re-enter one account. That's how I roll
Then I wont get push on my gmail accounts. I love push! No need for my phone to needlessly poll the server. My battery will drain faster with imap as opposed to gmail app.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

johntiger is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to johntiger

What should I do what should I do? I just got yet another EVO I know the people at Sprint hate me. This one unfortunately already had all the updates on it. So I wen on XDA and when threw the simple process of rooting this device so what should I do as far as a ROM. Should I try to use this fine OMJ ROM or should I just use Titanium backup and restore all of my missing apps, Leaving all the Sprint garbage on there

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development