PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo
Carrier: Sprint

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biofall View Post
Hey I rooted and flashed this ROM yesterday, and everything's fine except I'm getting this weird error where when I unlock the phone, the lock bar get's stuck, and then it kinda freezes, and the phone won't turn on. I have to soft reset it. Sometimes it will just have the top curtain when I turn it on and be unresponseive, and I have to soft reset. LOL it happened while I was typing this out.. Any suggestions?
Barring any mods you made or apps you installed......
How did you prep for the flash? How and what did you wipe before?
I've been on OMJ for three versions and everyone has been rock solid.
I flash via Android System Recovery (not Clockwork) and I factory reset 2X and wipe Dalvic cache 2X. Sounds like you need to reflash with that kind of cleanout imo.
If you did that my next thought would be corrupt download of the ROM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
Barring any mods you made or apps you installed......
How did you prep for the flash? How and what did you wipe before?
I've been on OMJ for three versions and everyone has been rock solid.
I flash via Android System Recovery (not Clockwork) and I factory reset 2X and wipe Dalvic cache 2X. Sounds like you need to reflash with that kind of cleanout imo.
If you did that my next thought would be corrupt download of the ROM.
I did everything you said you did. Hm, I hate re-downloading all my apps. If someone can tell me how to use titanium and what it will do, I'll reflash and see if that fixes it.

EDIT: I think I see how to back stuff up with it
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)

Last edited by Biofall; 06-21-2010 at 07:26 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:59 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Thanks Ken again for this great rom. Been running it for a day now. It seems pretty flawless to me. One thing I would notice on the stock rom is later in the day, sense would restart on me at least once for some reason. Also, because of all the programs running in the background, eventually you would seem pronounced slowdowns. that is until you run atk. but on this rom, no sense restarts yet, used atk only once today! Also, took it off the charger at 7:30am and still over 60% right now. Granted light to moderate usage but still pretty good if you asked me. no ocwidget or setcpu either. Nice job!

Last edited by Riley; 06-21-2010 at 08:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

heres a video with the basic walkthrough of this rom and what to expect when flashing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16SfgHgVPs
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Rooted and flashed. Wahoo!
Welcome aboard, Don ... almost feels like old times!
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Welcome aboard, Don ... almost feels like old times!
Yeah, but this time I'm gonna go back to the old days and let ken do all the cooking. I have no desire to finger out that whole linux/redhat stuff, or whatever it is.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Yeah, but this time I'm gonna go back to the old days and let ken do all the cooking. I have no desire to finger out that whole linux/redhat stuff, or whatever it is.
Alright! Great to see you Don! Hows does this monster stack up to the hd2. man you got quite a PPC arsenal at home

Last edited by Riley; 06-21-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks Ken again for this great rom. Been running it for a day now. It seems pretty flawless to me. Nice job!
Couldn't agree more, guys ... feels really good to have many of the old gang back, and Ken out front clearing the way!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:55 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRX8 View Post
Hotspot will not work on rooted roms. Not sure if rooting the phone caused it not to work, or actually installing a custom rom. But it won't work.
hmm, if it wont work, I might as well remove it.....where did you read that it wont work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerathalis View Post
Hello,

I'm having an issue with the Rom Manager, when I select "Check for Rom Update" I get "Your Rom is properly not set set up to receive OTA updates. The developer of this ROM needs to make the appropriate changes so their ROM support OTA update. Please contact the ROM developer! This is not a ROM Manager bug." Is this expected behavior?

This is how I got to this point.

I was running the previous version before the update on the 18th - v1.3

I updated Rom Manager to v1.8.9.6 Premium, then selected Download ROM -> OMJ "OMJ's HTC EVO ROMs" -> OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.4 with Radio 1.39.00.05.31

It downloaded I selected to wipe and update. I'm pretty sure the wipe and upgrade went ok, the phone is up and running and got my apps back etc here is the current info.

Current Software Information:
Software Number: 1.32.651.6 OMJ

Baseband Ver: 1.39.00.05.31

Is there a way for me to fix that so the updates are tied into ROM Manager or did I do something wrong?
this is because v1.4 is the 1st rom w/ the code needed for OTA updates, so if you're on v1.3, it does not have that code & ROM Manager does not know what version you're on. Once you're on v1.4, it will show u the version you're on & when checking for updates, will check for a new version.

I am going to use a dummy v1.5 to do some testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Thanks Ken again for this great rom. Been running it for a day now. It seems pretty flawless to me. One thing I would notice on the stock rom is later in the day, sense would restart on me at least once for some reason. Also, because of all the programs running in the background, eventually you would seem pronounced slowdowns. that is until you run atk. but on this rom, no sense restarts yet, used atk only once today! Also, took it off the charger at 7:30am and still over 60% right now. Granted light to moderate usage but still pretty good if you asked me. no ocwidget or setcpu either. Nice job!
I'm glad you like it Riley!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post
heres a video with the basic walkthrough of this rom and what to expect when flashing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c16SfgHgVPs
Thanks Dash, I appreciate you doing the video, I will add it to post #1
Old 06-21-2010, 11:17 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

fyi---I added code for a dummy v1.5 rom to my manifest for ROM Manager....it's is not a real v1.5, it's not even new, it's my first beta rom, lol....so dont use it.

I can confirm if you check for updates via ROM Manager, it will see it & ask if you want to download....I'm going to leave it there for now, I'm gonna check w/ the admin to see if the program is smart enough to automatically check for updates & prompt you to download, just like apps in the market.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development