PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2010, 04:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

codeman05 is keeping up the good workcodeman05 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

Looking good OMJ, no issues so far on the new rom.
Thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 3G?

twilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stufftwilk knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by winmonewbie View Post
I honestly dont know ALL the options available in Titanium backup, I'm still exploring. However for one example if you backup [SMS/MMS PREFS] Messages 1.00
it will save your SMS settings (well, at least Ringtone-that's what I tested it with).
There are a ton of options in there.
When you go to restore your backed up app it will ask if you want to restore the app, the data (if the app is already included in the ROM I 'spose) or App+Data. Again, I cant guarantee it will save every setting for every app but it works really well for me. It did save high scores from a simple bowling game fwiw.

ROM Manager is good. You need to be fully rooted-I think you are. Even if you manually enter bootloader/Recovery Clockworkmod is now the default Recovery.
If you select Install ROM from SD for example it will prompt you to 1)backup your current ROM and 2) wipe data and cache.
I'm thorough though and I used it to Reboot into Recovery so I could factory reset 2X. There is an option to wipe Dalvik cache as well but I'm not positive it did it-it went too quick. My v1.5 installed fine though.
I am fully rooted with nand back up and all. I did it the hard way.. it took forever considering it was my first time. The only thing I did diffrent was instead of using the PC I used a terminal emulator which I see is now an option. Also from what I read you want to wipe delvik and the others twice just to make sure. I am anal too and thats pretty much why I went the hard road when rooting and flash. lol my next big step is re flashing a new rom. So I can pretty much get into the habbit of flashing when ever I want. The hurdel that I am facing though is I need to figure out how to back everything up because once I am done flashing and what not I dont want to spend an hour or two tweaking my phone so that not only has a new rom but is set to my personal prefrences lol. I am anal I pretty much go through all the apps and set the up even the ones I wont use. This pays off sometimes though because I catch things early like the google talk tweak. I set that to not auto sign in as well as other things I use. My battery life hasnt ever really been an issue and I can probably contribute it to my anal retentive ness to setting everyting up even if not using it. I dont use ATK or anything like that and I do moderaly use my phone all day. Basicly I randomly search, text, email use the phone and pretty much play around with the phone some because its still new to me and im still learnign the android wave.

Sorry its late here and I seem to be really going off topic.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Daimond

Schwarttzy is a n00b
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
sorry, but I'm not sure what to change. Nothing was modified on BT drom the stock rom.

1- on which apps? I havent seen a FC, not even on wifi tether
2- havent seen this either
3- which rom did you last flash b4 v1.5? was it v1.4r w/ the radio?

Okay all my errors are fixed, the new instruction using chmod have seemed to fix everything, and wireless N is amazing, So OMJ I would just recommend some redo the rooting process if they have errors like me.
Old 06-26-2010, 10:43 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/18/10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpeazy View Post
Have you mentioned yet how to restore "my" data? I would like to flash the new rom..but want to restore my data.

Thanks,

Tp

sorry, but I havent had time to type it up

Quote:
As far as I can tell everything I back up comes through but I didnt run batch, I do them one at a time.
I use Mail 2.00 to backup/restore my homail, work email, and (a second) Gmail accounts.

And no, OMJ hasnt dropped the data backup knowledge on us yet.
so you're saying mail 2.00 will backup all your mail account settings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terencec View Post
Excuse my ignorance on this rom but does this rom have APK's that have been zip aligned and optimized and the rom de-odex'd.

Thanks
yes, the APK's have been zipaligned & optimized but not de-odex'd.....a majority of the stock apks are already de-odex'd from the stock rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
Okay all my errors are fixed, the new instruction using chmod have seemed to fix everything, and wireless N is amazing, So OMJ I would just recommend some redo the rooting process if they have errors like me.
I dont have a wireless N router, so can u confirm it's working in v1.5?

thx
Old 06-26-2010, 11:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

DJMJ is a n00b

Does v1.5 include the latest radio? I'm showing -

Baseband Version: 1.36.00.04.02

1.39.00.04.26 - shipped
1.39.00.05.31 - upgrade
Old 06-26-2010, 11:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

you have to flash a New Radio, my Chef's don't have the radio built into the ROM, it makes it simpler and less confusion. Location the latest radio and load it the same way you load your ROM
Old 06-26-2010, 11:55 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJMJ View Post
Does v1.5 include the latest radio? I'm showing -

Baseband Version: 1.36.00.04.02

1.39.00.04.26 - shipped
1.39.00.05.31 - upgrade
I did not build a v1.5 w/ the radio.....the version u have now is the version that came w/ the full root, you need to upgrade here follow the instructions, very easy, you do not have to wipe & wont lose your data
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:10 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

@OMJ-yessir, that's the setting I use to back up three accounts. There is also a setting to backup Gmail itself.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:39 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

ok for those that wiped b4 flashing & want to restore data, here is what I've done. Now, I am no Android expert, and to me, this would be the same as not wiping. I know if you get stuck in a boot loop, you have to wipe, so this method may be the answer. I have sent Toast an PM trying to get clarification, w/ no response. I have done this a few times w/ no problems:

1- Make sure you have HTC Sync installed on your PC

2- Download & extract Android SDK, I extracted to C:\SDK

3- copy data.img from your nandroid backup to C:\SDK\tools folder

4- open a command window, type cd C:\SDK\tools (or whatever your path is)

5- check to make sure it sees your phone, type adb devices

6- type adb reboot bootloader

7- when the phone reboots, you'll be in Fastboot

8- verify it says FASTBOOT USB in red

9- on the pc, type fastboot flash userdata data.img

10- you'll see a green bar on the top right progressing

11- when done, on the phone, scroll down to reboot....all done!

credits to Dayzee @ xda

Last edited by OMJ; 06-26-2010 at 12:41 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 06-26-2010, 12:45 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
@OMJ-yessir, that's the setting I use to back up three accounts. There is also a setting to backup Gmail itself.
cool, I was looking for something like that....that was my biggest gripe is re-entering all the account settings for all my accounts.....now is it backing up the emails or just the account info?

thx bro

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development