PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2010, 09:41 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

screamin69 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM | Eclair | *Updated | 6/25/10*

I messed up big time...I did the root and put OMJs Rom in and forgot to back up my contacts. I had the pre before this and for some reason only 35 out of 400 where in my google account. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do. Love the roms guys good work.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Mule is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by screamin69 View Post
I messed up big time...I did the root and put OMJs Rom in and forgot to back up my contacts. I had the pre before this and for some reason only 35 out of 400 where in my google account. Does anyone have any ideas what I could do. Love the roms guys good work.
can you bring your pre back to Sprint and get them to reload your contacts to your EVO?

They have a nice contact copying machine.

Mule
Old 06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

screamin69 is a n00b

no i already gave it to my son. we doctored it so everything is gone.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:35 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
no i already gave it to my son. we doctored it so everything is gone.
This is a long shot but does Palm/Sprint have a cloud type backup for the Pre?
My wife's Instink had a "My Phone"-type of backup, Sprint MAY be able to access such a database.
Depending on when you gave it to your son it may be viable, if he synced/updated then you may be sunk.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jfizz88 is keeping up the good workjfizz88 is keeping up the good work

The link to download the sprint apks I'd broken. It takes me to a page that has as billion characters. Anyone have an alternate link?

Crispy EVO because its Toasted.
Old 06-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP, TP2, EVO 4G

Biofall is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMJ View Post
personally I dont use rom mgr to flash, but I include it for convenience. I would start from scratch....power off, hold down vol - & power to get into bootloader, then choose recovery, wipe, flash from sd.....once you're back up in android, you can try to follow my steps to restore data.img
Yeah OMJ your solution worked, a guy at like 1:00 in the morning on XDA pm'ed me. But it was the same thing. I guess the moral of the story is I will flash from the compie just like on wimMo days, LOL I could care less whether I do it from the phone or not.

So now I'm not having a heart attack, I'll explain the wonders of Titanium for everyone. After selecting all the options it prompts you to do when you start it up, and click on the "Problems?" icon to download the newest Busybox client, then hit the "menu" button, then "batch", then run the backup all apps + system data. When you flash a new ROM, do the same thing, but instead of backup, you hit "restore all apps and system data. It will backup all of your apps, the settings for those apps, any settings you have applied (like power), all contacts.. It gets you to where you where before you flashed. Try it out!
The Kernel.... HTC Supersecret Supersonic 3.28.651.1 - unreleased OTA (thanks flipzmod!)
Old 06-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

thebobc is a n00b

Very frustrated here...cannot DL...keeps asking for pw. Using Qlinks.. can anyone else supply an upload location?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Did you sync with Outlook or any Exchange Server at any point in the past?
Old 06-27-2010, 02:49 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfizz88 View Post
The link to download the sprint apks I'd broken. It takes me to a page that has as billion characters. Anyone have an alternate link?
working fin for me. here's another link http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...6&d=1277348417

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobc View Post
Very frustrated here...cannot DL...keeps asking for pw. Using Qlinks.. can anyone else supply an upload location?
if u get a login prompt, try anonymous w/ no password or just use this courtesy of LAOS101

http://paw.mywetpaws.com/OMJ_EVO_2.1_Eclair_v1.5.zip

Last edited by OMJ; 06-27-2010 at 02:52 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great ROM, loving the speed! No issues as of yet.

Sent from HTC Evo 4g

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development