PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2010, 01:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.1 Custom ROM v1.6 | Eclair | *Updated | 6/30/10*

So no wipe needed? Cool, because I had that clockwork recovery so I wasn't sure how to wipe the Dalvik Cache anyway, lol.
Old 07-13-2010, 03:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Fuze (Touch Pro)
Carrier: AT&T

TurboX2 is a n00b

Thanks!! I just rooted my EVO today, and chose to install this ROM.
Ive been WM all the way since 2005. Lets see what this has to offer.

Last edited by TurboX2; 07-13-2010 at 03:26 AM.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

Andoomo is a n00b

Thanks! Great rom...
Anyone having problems changing the wallpaper? Tried them all from android, live, htc, and gallery, and does not change.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HtC EvO

Andoomo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andoomo View Post
Thanks! Great rom...
Anyone having problems changing the wallpaper? Tried them all from android, live, htc, and gallery, and does not change.

Fixed!
Updated Rom v1.5 to Rom v1.7
Fixed the wallpaper issue
Faster screens, no lag
Android mate, no lag
Tethering works great!
Can't tell any improvements on wifi signal, looks the same.

Great Job, thanks again!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

jelive is keeping up the good workjelive is keeping up the good work

Best way to proceed with new EVO not yet rooted...

Firmware Version 2.1-update 1
Baseband Version 1.39.00.05.31
Kernel version 2.6.29-a2443432 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
build number 1.32.651.6.CL171253 release-keys
Software number 1.32.651.6
Browser version Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.40_003
PRL Version 60668

Was going to use original SimpleRoot 3 step then OMJ....is this a good plan and which OMJ version 1 or 2 ?

Thanks

Jim
Old 07-13-2010, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ruckstande is becoming a great contributor

Okay man I know you said Rom 1 but just to be clear. I updated 1.6 WITH the radio(I say that because you mentioned to someone else without the radio) and I did NOT install the WiMax update. Is Rom 1 still the option I should go with?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: LTEvo

iknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the communityiknowsquat is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelive View Post
Best way to proceed with new EVO not yet rooted...

Firmware Version 2.1-update 1
Baseband Version 1.39.00.05.31
Kernel version 2.6.29-a2443432 htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
build number 1.32.651.6.CL171253 release-keys
Software number 1.32.651.6
Browser version Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.40_003
PRL Version 60668

Was going to use original SimpleRoot 3 step then OMJ....is this a good plan and which OMJ version 1 or 2 ?

Thanks

Jim
That's one way. The simple root thread wont tell you about flashing so check out Fasts tutorial in my sig to get more better edjumacated
You'll want ROM1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruckstande View Post
Okay man I know you said Rom 1 but just to be clear. I updated 1.6 WITH the radio(I say that because you mentioned to someone else without the radio) and I did NOT install the WiMax update. Is Rom 1 still the option I should go with?
Since you didn't go through whitslacks steps to get radio, wimax, and 1.47 software, etc. you want ROM 1.

Last edited by iknowsquat; 07-13-2010 at 04:18 PM. Reason: clarity
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:37 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

I'll explain this one more time....

example 1: you are currently on v1.5 or below......flash ROM1

example 2: you are currently on v1.6(r) and did NOT flash whitslacks update/fix......flash ROM1.....even if you flashed the new radio & wimax, you still want ROM1, why us ask? I'll explain again.....there is more to update than just the radio & wimax, if u flashed whitslacks update/fix, you would have ALL these updates.

example 3: you are currently on v1.6 and DID flash whitslacks update/fix......flash ROM2

just to be clear, whitslacks update/fix actually has the stock unrooted ROM included, so if u flashed it & stayed on it, you are not running my ROM. if u flashed it, then flashed v1.6, you are good to go.

the only differences between v1.6 & v1.7 is I added quickboot, fixed the force close on wifi tether, and made sure the kernel was set for adb su.....if u fixed those things already, there is no need to update.

one last thing....on ROM1, even though the 7 apps I added are installed to system/app, because you're rooted, they can still be removed, you just wont have the option to uninstall in "manage apps". personally I've never removed an app from system/app but I imagine you need to mount system for writable, then delete the apk u dont want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by londawg314 View Post
the sprint hotspot apk won't install.. is there a trick to it? anyone have a recommendation for a good uninstall program? i want to remove advanced task killer free (since i paid for the full one) but can't seem to find a way to remove it. the free uninstall apps i found don't list it.
I forgot to give u the odex file, u probably need it. see attached, I deleted from system/app, that's where I would put them
Attached Files
File Type: zip WifiRouter.zip (166.9 KB, 52 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by OMJ; 07-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 07-13-2010, 01:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO...nothin but the BEST!

TREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on repTREmp77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I ran the 1.7 update on my evo just fine this morning, installed great. Tried on my wifes EVO and nothing happened. it said loading PC36IMG.zip the reading PC36IMG.zip and then it went back to the bootloader screen without doing anything. Any ideas?

Her phone has not installed the OTA or anything else and is on OMJ 1.5

Old 07-13-2010, 02:03 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREmp77 View Post
I ran the 1.7 update on my evo just fine this morning, installed great. Tried on my wifes EVO and nothing happened. it said loading PC36IMG.zip the reading PC36IMG.zip and then it went back to the bootloader screen without doing anything. Any ideas?

Her phone has not installed the OTA or anything else and is on OMJ 1.5

odd, did u try again? if it still fails, maybe try deleting & copying PC36IMG.zip again.

also, can anyone verify 4G on v1.7?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development