PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2011, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

hindjew is keeping up the good workhindjew is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's HTC EVO 2.2 Custom ROM v4.6 | FroYo 3.70.651.1 | *Updated 3/29/11*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZepticVillager View Post
Good stuff.

I had tried various Gingerbread roms, including the latest CM7 build (hey, it's worth a try) ... and I have to say, I do love Gingerbread... but for the life of me, 4G just wouldn't work. It would start, then stop, and would not restart without a reboot, and nobody had a fix. I tried various kernels also, but to no avail. I do have the latest radio, Wimax, PRI, etc, and that made no difference.

I use my 4G connection for home internet, so I need it to be reliable.

This rom may not be GB, BUT it's reliable. THANK YOU!

Looking forward to a Sense GB rom... if someone can successfully combine both worlds, I'll be happy
I was going to load CM7, but your comments about 4G kinda kill it for me. I tether to my iPad a lot (i know i know, I should get the Xoom, but the iPad is so cheap and it just works). In regards to the radio, WiMax, and PRI. Which version are you running and how can i upgrade these? baseband - 2.15.00.07.28 Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee57fdhtc-kernal@and18-2 # 15, PRI 1.34_003. Software 3.70.65.1
Old 04-11-2011, 05:38 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

I tried out CM7 today and it started restoring old apps from the android market. stuff I've had uninstalled for months. I can't figure out why or how it's doing it and that in itself is a deal breaker for me. I'm coming home OMJ! lol.
but one thing I did see which seems AWESOME is this:
Backing up and restoring your data - Google Mobile Help
I guess google now backs up just about everything! but can we, how do we, or did we already have this included in your ROM? I can't find a website on my PC that gives me the control to select what I want Google to backup and restore to my phone. Is there one?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypeo View Post
I think you might be on the wrong thread..
Did you read my post all the way through? Read it again

Yeah, can't wait for "gingersense" ... as long as it's STABLE

For now, OMJ's v4.6 does just fine. I've never had any issues with these roms. Although I miss the Rosie Settings, what happened? Titanium won't restore it either - any way to get it back?
Old 04-11-2011, 10:54 PM
N00b

ZepticVillager is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindjew View Post
I was going to load CM7, but your comments about 4G kinda kill it for me. I tether to my iPad a lot (i know i know, I should get the Xoom, but the iPad is so cheap and it just works). In regards to the radio, WiMax, and PRI. Which version are you running and how can i upgrade these? baseband - 2.15.00.07.28 Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee57fdhtc-kernal@and18-2 # 15, PRI 1.34_003. Software 3.70.65.1
I have not had ANY luck with 4G on any GB rom. I was using the most current radio, WiMAX, PRI, etc (you can find them on xda-developers or just google them). I also tried several kernels - no luck. It works, just not well. It isn't as fast as it is on the Sense ROMs with stock kernel (like this one), and it cuts in and out with no warning, etc. I loved GB otherwise, but I use 4G too often for it to be that unreliable.

So yeah OMJ, I'm "back home" too
Old 04-12-2011, 07:26 AM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I tried out CM7 today and it started restoring old apps from the android market. stuff I've had uninstalled for months. I can't figure out why or how it's doing it and that in itself is a deal breaker for me. I'm coming home OMJ! lol.
but one thing I did see which seems AWESOME is this:
Backing up and restoring your data - Google Mobile Help
I guess google now backs up just about everything! but can we, how do we, or did we already have this included in your ROM? I can't find a website on my PC that gives me the control to select what I want Google to backup and restore to my phone. Is there one?
this may be a new feature in GB....I think HTC has a similar feature in the newer Sense

Quote:
For now, OMJ's v4.6 does just fine. I've never had any issues with these roms. Although I miss the Rosie Settings, what happened? Titanium won't restore it either - any way to get it back?
there are a bunch of mods @ amikams site, I looked quickly but didnt see the rosie settings for 4.6 but it may be there...

theMikMik.com • View forum - MikFroYo v4.6x Themes, Mods and Tweaks
Old 04-12-2011, 11:13 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Did you read my post all the way through? Read it again

Yeah, can't wait for "gingersense" ... as long as it's STABLE

You can't just restore RosieSettings on a stock rosie ... you have to have the settings app AND a hacked rosie for it to work. I haven't seen anywhere that Mik has hacked the stock rosie on 4.6 yet ... he stays very busy but you could throw up a request in the thread. He did just make a GB style sexy rosie a couple days ago and it only has one small bug that not a big deal, you will see the thread over there

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc evo
Carrier: sprint

charlesjessop is a n00b

I've used your roms on the evo and now i have a thunderbolt and I'm wondering first how to root it but mostly where I can find these: 4N1 Reboot menu, Battery %, Transparent curtain, Hotspot, Power Widgets that are used in evo
Old 04-12-2011, 01:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Vancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuffVancer knows their stuff
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlesjessop View Post
I've used your roms on the evo and now i have a thunderbolt and I'm wondering first how to root it but mostly where I can find these: 4N1 Reboot menu, Battery %, Transparent curtain, Hotspot, Power Widgets that are used in evo
www.themikmik.com

Old 04-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTV EVO
Carrier: VZW

caleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcaleb02 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to caleb02 Send a message via MSN to caleb02 Send a message via Yahoo to caleb02
Will the end of ppcgeeks be near with the carriers cracking down on rooted devices.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

richarc93 is becoming a great contributor

Zup every1.. Anyone got any recommended Kernels to use with OMJs 4.6 ROM? I just got a 3500battery which I want to make it last atleast an entire day without charging.. I've seen some of Netarchy's kernels but there are soooo many of them to choose from that I'm not sure which to start with.

Basically I need it to get along with OMJs 4.6 ROM and take care of my new 3500 battery...

trickle charge, SBC, Non SBC, CFS, BFS????

Any suggestions would be great.

Later..

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > CDMA HTC Evo 4G Development